Emotions - The Body's Acknolegment System

1 Conversation

You all know emotions. There are Jealous, Anger, Happiness, Love, Fear, Pain, Tickle, and many many more emotions. These emotions yes, cause many many arguements are more or less your body telling you that something is happening. My definiotion for an emotion is something that tells you something is happening or you should do something. Below are examples of emotions and what they are telling you.

For example, what is fear? Fear is the emotion you get when you are scared. Many people are scared of spiders. This is part of your body's immune system. It is telling you consiencly that you should get away from the situation. Most of the time it is a harmless spider that will cause it to go off. These are kind of like allergy's in the fact that your body thinks something is wrong when it's not. Other times you might be scared of swimming alone when you don't know how to swim. At those times fear is helpful in letting you stay alive.

Another emotion is Love. What is love signaling? It is your bodie's reproductive system telling you that you want to reproduce with a certain person. It can go a lot deeper than that though. That is just the main reason for love.

Next is pain. Do I really have to explain this? Is is of course a trigger than cells are about to dye if in that position to long or that they are. Pain is like fear because it is part of your immune system. Is this an emotion? Well, acording to my definition it is.

Three more to go that will be talked about. This one is Anger. Anger is the feeling you get when somebody suceeds in removing your happiness. Some anger can be helpful but only if you control it. Otherwise you might get a little bit mad.

My second to last emotion is Jealousy. What is it? It may come with anger. It is probably the thing that you want and if it is possible to get than you should do it sensibly. For example, if you wanted a car because all your friends had one you wont go steal there car now will you? No, you would go buy your own car. Without jealousy it would be harder to be happier unless you frogot everything that has made you made.

The final emotion is happyness! Yes happyness. Without it we would all walk around being dull. Without sadness the world would be full of smiling faces but nobody would fell happy. Happyness is the great feeling you get when you have all of the above done and have achieved something! It might just be a thought you achieved or possibly a game you are beating. How can something disrupt this mood? Well, it's the above emotions. Love is included. I could say that unless every emotion above (except sadness) has to be very low or put aside for awhile. Otherwise you can't go into this happy state.

So, what exactly is an emotion. An emotion after looking at that seems clearer to me now. It is the checks and balances of the human body. Without them there would be no goal, that's right, no goal in life to pursue. We might eat some food and sleep but that is all we would ever do. Humans wouldn't need to go and play games if there wasn't emotions. If there is one thing to remember it is this: If you stay in one emotion to long it will spiral down to sadness. I warn you before it is to late!

All goals revolve around happyness. If you keep one of the other emotions except sadness for to long you will eventually spiral into a downward depression into sadness. If you aren't happy than do the following:

1. Find the Emotion.
2. Figure Out Why You Got It
3. Stay away from the object that gave you that emotion.
4. Do something to remove the emotion.

Example: A person makes you mad by destroying something of yours. Stay away from that person. Go play a game that involves killing somebody and get rid of your anger that way.
If you don't do this your emotion might get bigger and start spreading sadness and other emotions that you don't want.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A8401501

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more