Calistoga Cooler

2 Conversations

This is a simple shake that is great for kids and hot weather. The recipe was acquired from the living exhibit Olde Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour at the Smithsonian Institution of American History and was a favorite there.

Calistoga is a small farming community in the Napa Valley of California. The city is famous for the natural spring mud baths there. Where the drink originated is still a mystery. However, the rumor I heard was that it was created at the mud baths in Calistoga. After taking the cleansing mud bath you would be offered a Calistoga Cooler to help refresh you. Not traditional spa drinks offered today but alot more refreshing if you ask me!

The directions:

In a blender mix in one (1) can of Ginger Ale with two (2) scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream. Blend to desired thickness. Malt powder can be added but does not improve the taste in my opinion.

The resulting shake is surprisingly refreshing. I prefer it to a traditional milk shake because the fizz in the Ginger Ale adds something to the fun of drinking. I can't explain it. I just like it.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A831494

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more