What Happens When Someone Submits Your Entry to a Review Forum?

2 Conversations

You have probably come to this page because somebody has submitted one of your entries to a Review Forum and you're wondering what happens next. Your entry has been submitted to one of the seven review forums and in each case a fellow Researcher or one of the h2g2 Editors has submitted your entry to a review forum.

The Review Forums

Peer Review

If your entry has been submitted to Peer Review, congratulations! The person who submitted it obviously really likes it and wants to see it progress through the Editorial Process and into the Edited Guide. Your entry probably satisfies all the criteria in the Writing Guidelines, but may need some fine tuning. Please be prepared to listen and respond to any feedback that crops up in the discussion.

Writing Workshop

If your entry has been submitted to the Writing Workshop, well done! The person who submitted it can see that your entry is a good one and would like to see it in the Edited Guide, but it will need a little more input from the Community before it's ready for Peer Review. To help you get to that stage, look out for the helpful ideas and pointers that arise from the discussions which will help you polish off your prose ready for submission to Peer Review.

Collaborative Writing Workshop

If your entry has been submitted to the Collaborative Writing Workshop, you've got the bare bones of a great Guide Entry but a number of Researchers have expressed interested in developing it further as a collaborative project. This is where you can get together with a group of Researchers to write brilliant Guide Entries while also developing your writing skills.

Alternative Writing Workshop

If your entry has been submitted to the Alternative Writing Workshop, it's because it doesn't quite fit in with the Writing Guidelines for the Edited Guide but the person who submitted it really likes it and wants it to see it featured in a prominent place such as The Post or AGG/GAG. Alternatively, you may have submitted the entry to Peer Review or the Writing Workshop when it is pure humour, mainly fiction, or otherwise not eligible for the Edited Guide. In this case, if at least two Scouts agree that the entry is unsuitable, the h2g2 Editors may remove it and resubmit it to the Alternative Writing Workshop. In this forum you can still receive feedback so look out for comments.

Flea Market

If your entry has been submitted to the Flea Market, the person who submitted it probably thinks that it has some worthwhile content, but it needs a good deal of work before it could be accepted into the Edited Guide. The person who submitted it thought that you had left h2g2, so if you're reading this, welcome back!

Alternatively, you may have submitted the entry to Peer Review or the Writing Workshop and then temporarilly left h2g2. If an entry is in either of these review forums, and the author does not post to h2g2 for over two months, then the h2g2 editors may remove it and resubmit it to the Flea Market.

Update Forum

If your entry has been submitted to the Update Forum, the person who submitted it probably thinks that it could be used as the basis of an update to an existing Edited Guide Entry.

Community Art Requests

If your entry has been submitted to the Community Art Requests, the person who submitted it probably thinks that it's a great club or society, and is eligible for some Community Art.

How Do I Remove an Entry from a Review Forum?

If you are not keen for your entry to be in one of the Review Forums, don't worry, you can take it out. If you are the author of an entry or the person who put that entry into a Review Forum, then you will see a 'Remove' link next to that entry when you look at the relevant Review Forum. The same remove function will appear as a cross in the 'Brunel' skin.

Find your entry in the list, which might mean you have to click on 'Click here to see more Guide Entries' and continue clicking through the pages of reviews until you've found it. When you've found your entry click on the link 'Remove' or a cross next to the entry. Clicking on either of these will remove that entry from the Review Forum, moving the Review Conversation to the entry itself.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A829550

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more