A Conversation for h2g2 Post 05.09.02

Apostrophe atrocity

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"...computer user's" = "...computer users" smiley - erm


Apostrophe atrocity

Post 2

GreeboTCat

~Greebo reads the conversation and breathes a sigh of relief~

Phew... when me see the subject my mind conjured up all sorts of possible atrocity situations...

'hundreds feared dead in mad gunman attack'
'beheading of all world leaders by terroist group'
'millions fear for life as hostile factions come closer to conflict'

~Greebo sighs again...~

To find it is one lone apostrophe causing a problem is a joy to behold... thank you for making my day Peet... ~grin~... The errant sign of omission will be deleted and nullified as soon as somone one logs on as the Post Team... ~Greebo thinks about what she has just written~

Oh my... me supposes it is an atrocity on a small scale...

'Errant apostrohphe killed in it's prime, it's crime - being in the wrong place at the wrong time'

~Greebo's eyes widen in horror~

How simply awful!!!!

Greebs... xx (in state fo shock at what must be done to the innocent)


Apostrophe atrocity

Post 3

Post Team

Hi Greebo smiley - hug

I still can't seem to get updates to load over here! smiley - erm

We think/hope that it is just our cable connection playing up as I still can't send email out from my computer either. smiley - sadface

Still - programs are gradually getting added and win2000 is now fully up to date and as secure as it ever gets. smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost


Apostrophe atrocity

Post 4

Post Team

Hi Shazz... ~big huggle~

Me saw that you were cruising around The Post... and put icq on just in case... ~sad sigh~

Made a few bloopers in this weeks Post... sorry... ~shamed face~

Glad that things are starting to go right with your pc... hope everything sorts itself out... pooting virus' ~Greebo glares at no one in particular...~

Me see's that Pastey has been unwell... and that his office computers caught the damn thing as well... seems odd that my computer nabbed it straight away... Norton's must be on the ball at the moment... ~thankful sigh~

Miss talking to you on icq though... doing the post is much more cheerful with a little conversation helping me along... ~grin~

Better go off and exterminate that apostrophe now... poor thing... never did anyone any harm... etc... etc... ~wink~

hugs and love... Greebs...xxx


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more