A Conversation for Scalextric

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A797934 - Scalextric

Post 1

Smiffy the Lab Assistant (1+9)*5-(5+4)+1=42

Entry: Scalextric - A797934
Author: Lab Assistant - self confessed chocoholic mother of three under the age of four - U195541

I think there's a fair bit more that can be added to this, perhaps a male perspective rather than a sister looking over her brothers shoulder type ... any additions, criticisms and ideas most gratefully received!

Karen smiley - bubblysmiley - choc


A797934 - Scalextric

Post 2

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi Karen,

I refuse to believe that you picked all that up through watching over your brothers' shoulders!

This is a great start! I think it's worth explaining exactly what it is at the beginning of the entry - just for the seven people in the world who don't know! Perhaps something about what the appeal is (a kind of competitive version of train set building with added thrills and spills!)

I had quite a bit set when I was young, mostly through buying second hand and wheeling and dealing. As well as the motorbikes and sidecars, Scalextric also used to make trucks (complete with articulated trailers). I believe that these weren't popular with the masses, because they're slower, but are much prized by collectors and people who didn't grow up!

Best wishes

Otto


A797934 - Scalextric

Post 3

Smiffy the Lab Assistant (1+9)*5-(5+4)+1=42

OK I admit it... a touch of background research went into that one too! But yes he did make me stick my tongue on the track 'just to see what would happen'!

I've had a couple of beers at the moment so my typing isn't fab.... but I agree it does need a bit of a lead in.... I think they call it slot car racing in other parts... but I'll give it a tweak or to in that direction tomorrow, when I'm completely sober and my eyes are less droopy... thanks for the input.... greatly appreciated btw smiley - biggrin

Karen smiley - bubblysmiley - choc


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more