Apple Sauce alla Pernese Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Apple Sauce alla Pernese

0 Conversations

This is a recipe for something first concocted by one Researcher late one night while in a munchie-induced state of peckishness. It's nice on toast or mixed in with plain yoghurt, and also makes a good pie filling. It's really simple to make, and next to impossible to wreck.

Ingredients

  • Equal quantities of apples and bananas (for example, one apple to one banana - see, no tricky measuring involved)

  • A little cinnamon (crumbled fresh from a cinnamon stick if you can get it - it's just so much nicer)

  • Honey to taste

...and what to do with them

  • Chop up the apples and banana up really finely, and put the apple into a saucepan with a splash of water 1.

  • Heat the apple pieces on a medium-hot hob for a few minutes, until they start to soften. Then add the rest of the ingredients (banana pieces, cinnamon and honey).

  • Continue heating until the mixture has turned 'mushy.' Ta-da! It's ready!

  • Enjoy the fruit (ha ha) of your labours - you might like to try it with butter on granary toast, when it's still warm from cooking.

Additional Colouring

Be warned - this sauce doesn't look as good as it tastes. If you feel like giving it a more attractive colouring, add other fruit - cherries, raspberries, blackberries even. You won't need very many to turn it pink or purple or whatever. Other spices can make a nice addition - especially ground nutmeg or cloves. Enjoy!

1This is really just to stop it burning. It doesn't matter if you put too much in - you can drain it out later on if you want.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Edited Entry

A793703

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more