Apres Ski

2 Conversations


"Après" means after, and ski doesn't need to be explained, does it? (If you really don't know, take a look here)

So what is "Après ski"?


It's the best way to finish a perfect skiing/snowboarding day.


Most vacationers go on skiing holidays for one week. Assuming they want to have some energy left for the next skiing day, they shouldn't go to bed that late. And this is the purpose of Après Ski lodges!
After finishing their last run, skiers/snowboarders go there and stay till dinner1 . So they'll be in bed not too late and on the next morning fresh for some great new runs!

Where to go?


Normally, Après-Ski Lodges are situated just at the end of the slopes, down in the valley. Usually these small shacks or huts are decorated with mountain accessories.


If one wants real "Après Ski", Austria is the place to go. Best places are the "Mooserwirt" in St. Anton, and the "Kuhstall" in Wagrain (Sportsworld Amadée, near Salzburg).

Music


Most of the Huts play special party music. It's about the same style played in the discos on Mallorca. Most of the lyrics concern alcohol, party and sex (what a surprise).

How to do it?

  1. Put your ski somewhere they will be easily found, even if it's dark then
  2. Get some money...you will have to pay the taxi to get home later...
  3. Go in and search a free space at the bar. Don't sit down, as that will not be that much fun!
  4. Get something to drink.
  5. If you're alone, search some other crazy guys and join them.
  6. Get something to drink.
  7. ...get something to drink for/from the nice girl/boy/other next to you...
  8. Sing along. Even if the lyrics are German, there won't be any difficulty. Believe me.
  9. Start a polonese2
    . You won't have problems finding people who join you. Be the first in the chain, as it is easier to pick the cutest girls/boys out of the crowd
  10. Start some drinking games with the guys you picked out earlier.
  11. If you're male: don't forget that you have to pay the drinks! (good for you, girls!)
  12. Get phone numbers.
  13. Continue to party
  14. If the hut closes or your dinner is calling: get a taxi to drive home. A good idea is to have your address on a paper, so the driver still can get you home...
  15. Better: get invited to someone else's house!

1 There are also some discotheques where you can stay the whole night, but this is not the real "Après ski"2a lot of people just walk in a chain through the place...simply place hands on the SHOULDERS of the person in front of you

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A777747

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more