A Conversation for 1000 CALORIES-A-DAY DIET

Unhealthy

Post 1

Amanda

I am sorry, but this does not look very healthy to me.
1000 calories is not enough to keep you going unless you do nothing all day but sit.


Unhealthy

Post 2

Primord

well-my Doctor fully approved this diet-and has a strong nutritional base-so if It works for the NHS-it works for me.

And I have many friends who have done well on it. I suppose if you want a diet that doesn't work, you could try another higher calorie one.


Unhealthy

Post 3

Amanda

1500 calories a day for a woman is enough to lose weight on, healthily. Lose weight too quickly and you put it back on.
I have decided not to diet anyway. It's stupid. I am going to change my diet for good, that way I win.


Unhealthy

Post 4

Primord

well, sadly if you're fat you need to lose weight-and when I needed to lose weight 10 years ago, this was the diet that worked for me.

10 years-no gain.

1500 would take a good deal longer-and would not necessarily be any better for you.

as I have said-this is a healthy, balanced diet. and believe me-there is plenty to keep anyone going. smiley - smiley


Unhealthy

Post 5

Amanda

Whatever.
I aint fat anyway, I am over weight. There is a difference.
Thanks for your input to this forum.


Unhealthy

Post 6

Primord

sorry-but the difference between fat and overweight is the use of different words.

I wrote the diet-I am answering the critisism.

Perhaps you have a problem with your attitude towards people's perception of fat/overweight.

h2g2 is not a place for being touchy-you'll find that out.


Unhealthy

Post 7

Amanda

I am in no way touchy, I find it difficult to comprehend why so many people have to have arguements rather than discussions in this place.
I am perfectly happy with the way I look, I am not perfectly happy with my lifestyle becoming more sedentry and the looming health problems that come with this sort of 21st Century lifestyle.

1lb overweight is not fat.
3 stone overweight is fat.
Why is it use of different words?
I could, according to government fugures, and my own perception of healthy, be lighter, this does not mean I am fat. Ask the other people that I talk to on here, I am easy going and rarely have a problem with people's perceptions, I offer my opinion as you offer yours.
I originally said I thought it was an unhealthy diet, you were the one who added the sarcastic comment of "I suppose if you want a diet that doesn't work, you could try another higher calorie one". If this was not meant to be sarcasm, then I apologise for my misconception, if it was, you are the one being touchy and not me, as it was you who turned to sarcasm as a means of answering criticisim of a diet plan.

I hope we can remain conversationaly friends.

aManda


Unhealthy

Post 8

Primord

I'd like to know where you get the idea that I was being sarcastic.

extra weight is fat-therefore having extra weight means a person is carrying extra fat. simple.

no sarcasm intended.


Unhealthy

Post 9

Amanda

I feel I am having problems interpreting things you are typing. The written word is easy to mis understand. I tried to point out that being overweight does not make you fat. This is a pointless arguement and will cease here.


Unhealthy

Post 10

Primord

weight is weight-which unfortunately is FAT.

there was no need to get defensive.

If you read (and read on Leisure District) the kind of person "nine bar" is you wouldn't be so quick to agree with him.

Do you have any knowledge of what 'hash-cannabis' etc does to someone? it makes them violent and paranoid-and incredibly dangerous. I would never hurt a child-but a drug addict would. They can salve thier concience.

I hate 'holier than thou' druggies like nine.bar-I have known two-one a church goer who thought he could do no wrong...until he beat up his girlfriend-she was 16 at the time. I phoned the Police-he was not bothered he knew his smokes would sort him out.

smiley - peacesign


Unhealthy

Post 11

Maniacs reflection

Cannabis is less addictive than amphetamines, tobacco or alcohol, and does less harm to the body.

A government report found that high use of cannabis isn't associated with major health or sociological problems, unlike other harder drugs.

Its effects are beneficial to sufferers of various medical conditions, including cancer, HIV, multiple sclerosis, and glaucoma.

Cannabis has an effect on the heart, similar to the effects of exercise. It may be just as good for the heart as going to the gym.

Violence will occur in a canabis user if the supply is taken away suddenly.

A person with too much FAT is not necessarily FAT in appearance.
Would you like to see my picture?

All I was doing in defending Nine Bar was sugesting that we did not know him and therefore can not judge.

I showed the diet to my GP and she advised me to throw it away.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 1000 CALORIES-A-DAY DIET

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more