Self Scan Checkouts

2 Conversations

Aren't......avoid.

And there this entry could end. Take it from someone who spends 9 hours a night with the infuriating things. They are anything BUT self service.
moved a carrier bag? you need help.
brought your own bag? you need help.
something got some extra free in it? you need help.
want to pay with cash? you need help?
want to pay by card? you need help.
you can see a pattern emerging, eh?
if you know what you are doing, take your time, and don't get stressed you'll be ok. but 90% of the people that DO use them don't know, try to rush and lose the plot in a millisecond.
the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal is a pussycat in comparison to those that use a self scan till.
and the worst of it is that more and more stores are starting to use them.
they block up, the refuse to take your money (coin or paper), they crash whilst proccessing your card so you nor the vendor know whether o not the payment has gone through.
on the plus side, you don't have to be served by some miserable saturday worker who doesn't want to be there and is more focused on chatting to the similarly vacuous young noob sat behind them, and what amount of alcohopops they are going to consume later that night.

lets face it, if you were an employer, what would you do? you could employ 6 people to be sat on a till OR have one dimwit sat watching 6 self service tills (like your author here!) trust me, they won't replace the ones at our place. not whilst i am there. more so as i work nights....just think of the premiums they are saving.

As said at the start. Aren't....Avoid.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A75379341

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more