A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

Red Lights

Post 1

Pastey

Hey Ormy, you never took me to that area! smiley - winkeye Mind you , we were in a group consisting of mostly girls at the time.

smiley - rose


Red Lights

Post 2

Ormondroyd

smiley - laugh Believe me, Pastey, you didn't miss much! We're not exactly talking Amsterdam here! It's as much a sad sight area as a red light area! smiley - bigeyes


Red Lights

Post 3

Pastey

At least there is one smiley - smiley

Mind you, a while ago we were up in Sheffield, and walking through the Kelham Island district. Used to be a major industrial area but there's no industry there now. There is a great little brew pub mind, and the area was always really safe. However, thre we were walking from the tram stop in Shalesmore (dodgy area) to the pub, and started noticing an abundance of ladies of the midly clothed persuasion. The area had become the red light district, mostly because it was normally deserted and still safe. Okay, not too bad. I can happily walk through red light areas, but when we were sat in the pub and they started to come in to use the phone and wait for clients, well... e went to another pub in the previously dodgy Shalesmoor area, which is now not too bad.

smiley - rose


Red Lights

Post 4

Ormondroyd

smiley - wow Small smiley - earth or what...

There is a very nice pub called The Beehive just outside the Bradford low-budget red-light area. And in there I have often consumed Kelham Island Bitter, presumably the product of the micro-brewery you mentioned!


Red Lights

Post 5

Pastey

Yup, that's one of theirs.

smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Notes From a Small Planet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more