A Conversation for Khar Siid: Ship On The Edge of Darkness

The Hangar

Post 1

recrash

Nothing. The aircraft sleeves rearrange themselves, like monolithic blocks and tackles. The bay is virtually in vacuum, and artificial gravity is offline for this area. The shipbuilder’s deck is inactive, drafting tables cold.


The Hangar

Post 2

recrash

Initiating...

The docking sleeves moved gracefully, soundlessly, and swiftly to launch a fighter. A Shrike fighter, serrated and graceful, was being powered up and fitted with the mix of specialized tactical missiles it carried. It was now being fueld with the supercooled hydrogen/antihydrogen plasma that would flame intensely inside of the reactor.

At the bridge, the monitoring computers noted the pilot, moving throught he frictionless ducts, had entered and was now preparing to launch.

This is Danko, Bridge. Clear!

Robot arms recoiled, plasma jets and elecromagnetic shields lit, Danko leaned on his controls and flew!

Out of the hangar!


The Hangar

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*The charred wreak of a Federal Rapier dominates the salvage cradle. Engineers are busily fixing the craft, while trying not to be ensnared by Quicksilver's incessant arguing.*
[Quicksilver] Look, just /listen/ will you! Sensors scan for heat and energy signatures, okay? Without primary shielding, my Rapier's invisible unless in combat. Okay, so it's dangerous, but it's a scout craft, not a front line fighter...


The Hangar

Post 4

recrash

Repair and Upgrade Status:
Hull Integrity : 90%
Replacing scarred and battered plates, undoing metal fatigue and nano-molding fresh hull. Tensile improvement - 45%.
Engine Replacement : 45%
Antimatter-reactive drivetorch emplaced, new electromagnetic pylons emplaced.
Life Support & Control
Stripping the fiber-ops cable for new organic neural fibers - engineered for premonition-level command transmission.
...


The Hangar

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Quicksilver] Okay. Take off the wing-missile racks and the Torp system. Install that new Proton Cannon set instead, I've got itchy trigger fingers, and I think I'll need 'em.


The Hangar

Post 6

recrash

... Initiate...

- The Captain comes over the comm -

"Would you like to take over as Shipwright while we wait for more crew? Everyody's taking on extra jobs because of the manpower problem. Danko is Ship's PIlot aside from being fighter team leader, and Fred might be helping out at the Promenade. I don't know about the service there - I get a hell of a hangover.


The Hangar

Post 7

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Quicksilver] Alrighty. I'll stand in for a while...


The Hangar

Post 8

recrash

The lights flare! The dockign sleeves start moving like an enormous card-shuffle, queing up several fighters for launch. Air ducts blast, and air pressure comes to the bay so fast, it would have burst eardums.

A z-fric tube opens like a giant orifice, and Major Danko is, er, 'extruded' at high speed.

"Nice ride, needs a little musiic!" he yells, as he falls right into his fighter's open cockpit.


The Hangar

Post 9

recrash

WHAGGA-DAGGA-RAKKA-SKROOM! One wall explodes inward into thousands of flaming fragments as a large piece of blunt metal crashes through, bouncing and skidding on the hangar bay, scattering fragments and shrapnel everywhere. It smashes off a few docked fighters and screams to a stop on its side. The auto systems put the fire out simply and effectively by venting atmosphere, as repair drones begin to patch up the breach.

The piece of space jetsam blinks an alarm beacon, very unlike a derelict hulk. It's a Khar Siid frequency.


The Hangar

Post 10

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Quicksilver looks up from the wreak. He breathes a sigh of relief when he sees his Rapier is undamaged. He goes over to the crashed ship.*
[Quicksilver] A Khar Siid vessel? Danko? Could it be Danko?


The Hangar

Post 11

recrash

"It definitely could be!" a voice under all that twisted metal. "Stand back!" and with a bang the exit door blew back, and out of the smoking, mangled wreck, crawled a smoking, mangled-looking Major Danko. He climbed to his feet and smiled at Quicksilver.


"Allo," he said.

Then he crumpled in a heap.


The Hangar

Post 12

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*A bronze coloured Minion Vessel beams into the Hanger. Security guards try to aprehend the pilot, but point-blank Plasma fire soon stops them.*
[Kappa] I am Kappa! Fighter Elite of the Minion! Come out Captain! This ship is mine!


The Hangar

Post 13

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

::bobo materilizes into the area and inmediatly starts throwing "Bobo Spheres" at Kappa::

isn't Kappa the same name as Wakka's brother from FFX?


The Hangar

Post 14

Wargamer (The Wanderer)


No, that's "Chappu". He used Forbidden Machina, and got killed by something... which goes to show that being an NPC in FF is not to smart...


*Kappa easily evades the attacks, and returns fire. Rather than being integrated into a human, Kappa has assimilated a tall, lanky creature, rather like the Cloners from Star Wars, Episode II. He laughs manically as he fires, his inhuman visage taking a menacing form under his cybernetics.*


The Hangar

Post 15

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

::dodgeing fire bobo returns with a smiley - biggrin::


The Hangar

Post 16

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Quicksilver storms in.*
[Quicksilver] Damn! What's this thing?


The Hangar

Post 17

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

I don't know but he's surely not the most beautiful being in the H2G2 universesmiley - biggrin


The Hangar

Post 18

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Kappa] Speak for yourself!


The Hangar

Post 19

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

well at least I'm proud of it....


The Hangar

Post 20

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Kappa] Oh shut up!
*Shoots at Bobo.*


Key: Complain about this post