A Conversation for Squirrelfish

That'll be why, then

Post 41

Dizzy H. Muffin

Normally I wouldn't give secrets like that out, but there's no harm done in this case because it's more an /in/crease of privacy.

<!--Start copying here--!>

<!--
function click() {
if (event.button==2)
{
alert('Please do not press the right mouse button again.')
}
}
document.onmousedown=click
// -->

<!--Stop copying here--!>


Squirrelfish

Post 42

Cannon Fodder

J-T-G
Why Squirrelfish? I think it is because of their big eyes. I have seen some with thick black rims around the eyes that look just like a squirrels.

On the other hand, this one looks like it has been swimming in a bottle of vodka all night:
http://www.idrive.com/c_fodder/web/resource/squirrelfish.jpg

CF


Squirrelfish

Post 43

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hello. Thanks for the info. and the link.

You are probably right to suppose that squirrelfish come by their name due to the fact that their eyes are rather squirrel-like (at least as much as those of other fish, at any rate). Of course, they could have been the favourite food of the daughter of a long-forgotten colonial official, whose pet name was squirrel (the daughter, that is). Though that seems less likely. smiley - smiley

Have you had some personal experience of squirrelfish?


Squirrelfish

Post 44

Cannon Fodder

JTG

Nope, sorry to get your hopes up but the first I heard of them was when I tripped over your user page. I was curious about what a fish named after a squirrel would look like so I did a bit of research.

Unfortunately it has left me with the urge to learn diving and go off to reefs before they aall dissapear.

CF


Squirrelfish

Post 45

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hmm... me too.

My first encounter was also a chance one. There is a picture of one in my dictionary. I wonder how many divers have been lured to the deep by photos of squirrelfish.

Strangely, squirrels leave me without the slightest desire to climb trees.


Squirrelfish

Post 46

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

THANKYOU!! Now nobody will nick my pics any more! It was really starting to annoy me. I upload all these pictures at terrible expense to myself and people just come along and STEAL THEM! Thankyou sooo much you wonderful person. (As you can see I'm very happy) Hi JTG, how are you?


Squirrelfish

Post 47

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Very well, thankyou. How are you? Very happy, you say? well, good. I'm glad.

Who was nicking your pictures? from where? And how was someone able to help you?

That's a lot of questions, all at once. Pardon me.

JTG




Squirrelfish

Post 48

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

People keep stealing my pics off my website. And that bloke with the long name told me how to stop them. But it isn't working. I think I must be doing it wrong! I've found a way to get into this place! Although I delete my cookies, I've just got a link to the place I have to go to to make a new cookie. So that's okay. My head hurts. I think it's because I have three pigtails.


Squirrelfish

Post 49

Dizzy H. Muffin

Sorry, I can't load the squirrelfish image. smiley - sadface


Squirrelfish

Post 50

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

That bloke! That bloke! Him! Thanks for the HTML... I just don't get where I'm meant to put it in my website. All it's done is disable my graphics and stuff so far. Oh, well!


Squirrelfish

Post 51

Dizzy H. Muffin

Put it at the beginning. And don't use the parts that say to start and stop copying.


Squirrelfish

Post 52

Cannon Fodder

Sorry about the HTML link. I subscribed to idrive.com (free) to get some web space - and it does not work very well.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as someone figures out what normal is ...


Squirrelfish

Post 53

Dizzy H. Muffin

I demand that I may or may not know what normal is.


Squirrelfish

Post 54

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

Thanks! Nobody's nicked a pic since!


Squirrelfish

Post 55

Dizzy H. Muffin

Are you trying to rhyme? If so, try again.
Are you trying to twist our tongues? If so, shut up.
Are you tryinh to imitate a locomotive whistle? If so, blow.


Squirrelfish

Post 56

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

?? I call it pic-nick proof. Everyone who comes to my website and tries to steal my pictures e-mails me and asks why they can't eat.


Squirrelfish

Post 57

Dizzy H. Muffin

Nice. How does it work?


Squirrelfish

Post 58

(Insanie) Zanie Janie

My tongue hurts.


Key: Complain about this post