A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

DM? WC!!

Post 1

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

Apart from the fact that seeing a copy of the DM on display (Buy one? You MUST be joking!) fills me with an uncontrollable urge to check my diary and confirm that the date on the mast head is correct ....

The only sensible thing to do with this publication is to cut it into neat squares and hang it on a nail in the grottiest public lavs in town ...........

If, however, the judge had taken their average daily sales figures into account when setting the fine imposed (especially since it was going to be awarded by the plaintiff to a charity anyway) some realistic degree of punishment might have been achieved. Having the courage to set a precedent could also have the effect which Marie Antoinette wished to achieve, i.e. "pour encourager les autres"


DM? WC!!

Post 2

Ormondroyd

I couldn't agree more! smiley - ok

Did you see the 'Mirror' front page headline the day after they lost the Naomi Campbell court case? It read something like: 'JUDGE GIVES LYING DRUGGIE £3,500'

There's nothing like a good loser. And Piers Morgan is obviously nothing at all like a good loser... smiley - yuk


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Notes From a Small Planet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more