A Conversation for CELTIC DEVON

Do you have Celtic feet?

Post 1

Plymouth Exile

Do you have Celtic feet?

No, I have not finally flipped. It appears that this is a serious piece of research, published in the journal “Current Archaeology” in August 1995. It appears that the shape of one’s feet may reveal whether you are of Celtic or Anglo-Saxon heritage:-

http://www.archaeology.co.uk/timeline/sundries/feet/feet.htm

I remember, as a child, that I had difficulty finding shoes, which fitted me well. Most shoes tended to rub against my smaller toes, until raw patches appeared. If I wore a larger size, they tended to be too long. Later in life I had great difficulty in finding comfortable walking boots. The rather thin elongated heels of my feet tended to rub against the heel of the boot. I had to stick foam rubber in the heel to cushion the backs of my heels. Now at long last I may have an explanation for my boot and shoe problems. It would seem that I have Celtic feet, and most shoes are made for Saxon feet.

Plymouth Exile


Do you have Celtic feet?

Post 2

Ozzie Exile

Hmmm,

Having pulled off my sock my feet seem to match that of the left (Celtic) EXCEPT that I have a diminutive small toe. The text suggests that this feature is typically Roman (you know the old saying 'overpaid, oversexed and over here!)


Do you have Celtic feet?

Post 3

Plymouth Exile

Ozziie Exile,

Perhaps the narrow foot, shallow toe angle and diminutive small toe means that you are the only surviving descendent of the Romano-British community.

Plymouth Exile


Do you have Celtic feet?

Post 4

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

My feet are size 11 'cause I'm a big lad.
But I've heard tell you S westers are foot conscious.
I haven't got a Celtic connection at all.
Us N Easteners are all sorts though.
Never been on this DNA site before I like it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more