A Conversation for CELTIC DEVON

Devolution

Post 1

Ozzie Exile

For those interested in the Devolution issue - I have set up an on-line petition essentially promoting devolution to Devon (rather than the 7 county region) and to let that assembly work with the Cornish and Dorset/Somerset folk as they think fit.

Please refer to the Devolution web site (when my message is posted) on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/have_your_say/devolution.shtml

Or you can see the petition itself at

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Devon/petition.html

The deadline for submissions is March 3


Devolution

Post 2

Davyth

I encourage everyone to sign it. Even though the local government deadline has lapsed I think the more names we collect the better!

Davyth


Devolution

Post 3

Ozzie Exile

Davyth,

You may be interested to know that Plymouth folk band 'Mad Rush' (or least Deni of that band) has picked up on the Celtic Devon discussion.

She also helps run the Hyde Park folk club and tells me that she intends to include references to this site, Matthew Friday's original article and (goodness) my website in the regular folk magazine.

She has also indicated that Mad Rush will use the Devon Flag as a backdrop at their concerts.

By the way, if you like original folk music you might like their music --- search at http://www.cdstreet.com or contact them via their own website.


Devolution

Post 4

Davyth

So have Mad rush been sent a copy of the new Devon flag?! I'm really annoyed they changed this debate from the old format. We had a great discussion going on that with loads of people chipping in. Now the debate seems to have died a death!!

Davyth


Devolution

Post 5

Plymouth Exile

Davyth,

I assume you are referring to the BBC Devon Devolution Message Board. I agree. What with having to register and search through it to find any replies, I am not surprised that it has been deserted. The same (even more so) has happened on the Cornish Board. I am afraid the BBC has scored a home goal on this one. I say 'if it works, leave well alone'. It worked well when messages were in chronological order.

Plymouth Exile


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more