A Conversation for Amherst, Massachusetts, USA

Amherst

Post 1

Fractal

As a resident, I must add to this entry and clarify a few points...

Amherst is the home to both Amherst College (Highly rated liberal arts school) and the University of Massachusetts (Highly rated drinking school.) I, of course, attend UMass (fondly known as ZooMass).

Amherst is seated near the heart of the Pioneer Valley, home to the Five Colleges, (Smith, Mount Holyoke, and Hampshire, in addition to the aforementioned) cow fields, and the homes of people like Bill Cosby. Nearby is Northampton, with its growing club scene and acceptance for people from all walks of life.

Places to go in downtown Amherst: Antonio's Pizza (by the slice), Bueno y Sano (burritos to die for), La Vera Cuzana (mexican food) DP Dough (calzones) Pinocchio's (Italian food) the Lord Jeffrey Inn, and countless small shops, restaraunts, pubs, and coffee houses. On wednesday nights, you may even see crazy people with padded weapons beating each other on the common...


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amherst, Massachusetts, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more