A Conversation for Wimbledon and World Cup Waffle

Same everywhere

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

Don't know if it's of any consolation, but it's pretty much the same in Germany - at least as far as the football world cup is concerned. Depending on which channel it is on (three channels share the live broadcast), it's one of the following: Günter Netzer, Mehmet Scholl or Oliver Kahn giving their comments (together with some other commentator - I can't recall their names now). I don't usually watch any sport, so I don't know if this goes for all the other sports, too.


Same everywhere

Post 2

hackenjack

I don't remember the presenting details, but I do remember that the bias is the same. Any time that I'm abroad I pray for the country I'm in to have all its players eliminated so I can watch Federer or Nadal and not be subjected to the great local hopes hacking around on an outside court in rounds one and two. I could try San Marino, but they probably just default to showing Italians.
The Olympics is worse - there no coverage on any channel of the men's downhill, the premier event, because the country I was in had no competitors. Fortunately I didn't understand any commentary, so I couldn't get wound up about that.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wimbledon and World Cup Waffle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more