Red Dwarf : The Rock Opera (My Copyrighted Idea so DON'T steal it!)

1 Conversation

The Show opens with Dave Lister our smeggy hero joining the Space Corp/Jupiter Mining Corps (cue the tune "Join The Space Corps" with a killer dance number by pedestrians, shop owners and Space Corps Induction Staff, Dave will just stand still, grinning at the audience looking very smeggy indeed).

We move to the airlock of the JMC Spacecraft Starbug, Dave is staggering from Starbug out onto the decks of Red Dwarf. (Dave sings "How did I get here" accompanied by Holly telling him he was drunk and semi-conscious, backed up by Peterson, Chen & Selby).

Dave walks through Red Dwarf meeting Toddhunter (asking him about illegal items brought on board, cue the song "Where are your drugs?" and Dave has a short aside in the middle 8 to tell you about his pet cat Frankenstein he has smuggled on board).

Dave will then be given a short induction by Toddhunter before meeting the Captain (who sings "Welcome aboard") before being assigned to Z shift and meeting Rimmer. (Rimmer sings "I'm In Charge You Goit!")

New Scene.

We are following a day in the life of Z Shift (Rimmer and Lister sing "On Z Shift") as they push along their trolley & repair dispensers. Rimmer puts Lister on report and Toddhunter arrives to arrest Lister for animal smuggling.

As Toddhunter escorts Lister to Stasis he explains the principle (Toddhunter sings "I'm only doing my job/Into Stasis" as a medley).
Lister is placed into Stasis. Rimmer is called to the drive room to repair a drive plate. An explosion occurs and we have a BLINDING WHITE FLASH (done by lights, smoke & laser effects)

New Scene.

The Stasis Room door opens and Dave walks out. Dave is called to the main control room, tasting little white piles of ash as he progresses.
He is asking Holly where all the crew have gone. (Holly sings "Everybody is dead, Dave").

Ok, so far this is a work in progress. It's only going to be a framework to see if anyone thinks Red Dwarf : The Rock Opera is a good idea or not.

I'm going to leave it here to plan a few further ideas like meeting the Cat, seeing rimmer as a hologram, talking about listers Fiji plan and finding Kryten.

If anyone thinks this is any good, or rubbish, or any feedback. please let me know?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As this entry has only received 1 bit of feedback pointing out it's a bit pointless I have decided to kill this entry.
There will be no more Red Dwarf Rock Opera.
I'm sorry.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A7044563

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more