Talking Point: Favourite Toys

26 Conversations

A teddy and a rocket

Scrabble, Top Trumps, an old teddy bear or a Slinky? They all bring back fond - or not so fond - memories. What were your favourite toys from childhood?

Do modern children have better toys then you had? Were the crazes for pogo-sticks and roller-skates more meaningful then? Can an afternoon spent with a PlayStation 2 ever compare to an afternoon with Mr Potato Head?

  • Who is your favourite - Barbie or Sindy? Did you have a wardrobe full of outfits for yours?
  • Did you take one particular toy with you everywhere?
  • Do you remember Pong?
  • Were board games the highlight of your week, or something that only came out during rainy school holidays? Which ones did you play, and who with?
  • Did you know that skateboards have been around for over 40 years? Could you do stunts or did you have trouble standing upright?
  • Lego or Meccano? Which did you have?
  • What toys did you take on holiday to play with on the beach?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A698411

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more