A Conversation for Overcoming Writer's Block

ooooh, nice entry

Post 1

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

must have been a nightmare to compile, well done



when i get writers block and i am supposed to be writing an esay, the following has helped.

it was bad enough that there as no way the essay would get finished in time even if i got completely unblocked, so waht i did instead was decided to go and see the tutor the next day and take all my notes to justify my presence there and and show i had tired. in organising my notes and writing things like 'i am going to explain the differances between a and b which are the following......' i actually got a significant chunk of writting done. the next afternoon, having shown my tutor it wasnt a problem to write.

something else that has helped is to just write drivle. this is especially helpful if i cant think of a clever way to start an essay. i often get a bit of paper which says: christian church and its infulence on 11 centuray life in ireland. discuss.

folowed by



something about political situation in 11c I.
something about social hierarcy
population make up
previous religion
contemporay religion
comparison to england scotland and wales
laws of the time relating to religion
etc


these would then all turn into spider diagrams

the very last thing i'd write would be the intro and often i'd end up cheating and the intro would be about 2 scentances of drivel and the then the realy stuff would start.

the real probalem is.,....what do you gdo if you have writers block in an exam. you know the stuff, you know the answer, you just cant put it on paper. !!!!!!!!!!!!


FABT


ooooh, nice entry

Post 2

Ormondroyd

smiley - bigeyes I think I'd have been 'blocked' if I had topics like that to write about!

Glad you like the Entry! It sounds like your method of block-beating is a combination of the 'just write SOMETHING...' technique and the meticulous-planning strategy. But yes, having the block in an exam... it doesn't get much worse than that! smiley - yikes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more