The h2g2 Post 28.06.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 28th June 2010


 

 

This is it

Yes, I know this may sound a little mean, seeing as it is the English football team I am referring to. After the defeat they showed pictures of some English fans, fully dressed in their St George's costumes . Their sad faces and hanging shoulders nearly broke my heart. What a picture of misery. But as much as I feel with all the English fans, I'm still happy that the German team won. And it's not all bad, because England beat Australia in cricket by one wicket - whatever that is. smiley - laugh

I was reminded of the headline by reports about Michael Jackson's death a year ago. It puts things into a perspective. I mean, somebody died1. How much worse must this have been for his fans (not to mention friends and family) than a lost game of football?

But enough of my ramblings, on to Post matters: just so you know well in advance, the Post will go on its annual summer break for all of August, which means we'll be back with new issues on Monday, 6th September. Don't despair, though, we'll run our Summer Specials with all the fine articles we've chosen for another airing. But that's still a whole month away, so don't panic just yet. We have another Post novice, hackenjack, whose article about the woes of TV sport coverage you'll find below. As always, please enjoy the current issue of the Post.


Bel


 

 
IT'S A BIG WORLD OUT THERE

 

 

 

 
MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND

 

 



 

 
HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE?

 

 

 

 
SPACY

 

 



 

 
SPORTING WOES

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

1And this is not about famous people dying. Each death of a beloved person is much worse than any sport result can ever be.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A68959174

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more