A Conversation for Paper Cuts

Oh the irony!

Post 1

spimcoot

It's the last resort of a cad and a bounder, wouldn't you agree Wowbagger, to start a thread on one's own cartoon. But when I called this etching 'Silent Cartoon' I was pondering its Amy P style incarnation in paper, and the lack of possibility for a nice string of conversation threads hanging off it like the fringe on a cowboy's pants. And yet here I sit talking to myself. Don't know if that counts as breaking the silence so I'm reading aloud as I type.

And what's more, I'm not above coming back and replying later if I find that no one else has. Save me from my own hand...


Oh the irony!

Post 2

Post Team

smiley - laugh

It certainly went down well in the paperpost Spimcoot! I expect everyone is just trying to obey the title as you so cleverly observe!

shazz smiley - magic


Oh the irony!

Post 3

spimcoot

Curses, my own worst nightgmare: too clever for my own good.


Oh the irony!

Post 4

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

People will obay the words of a mad man before they think for them selves.

So hows things?

-- DoctoRMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 5

spimcoot

Other than being too clever for my own good, and being a madman if I read you correctly, things is okay. How's things with DoctorMO?


Oh the irony!

Post 6

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

You not a mad man, close but not technicaly. smiley - winkeye

at the moment i'm sitting in a rocking chair after just finishing Star Fox and tring to get some ideas to start my own cartoon for the post. I'm getting better at the drawing though. simple shapes make the mind bend.

I you wouldn't mind could you go to my 'user space' and tell me what you think of my poem (new) although please don't be crule it's suposted to make you think and people can get very defensive when asked to think smiley - winkeye

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 7

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Amy P style? smiley - huh Or am I just being slow tonight...?





smiley - doh

You mean that it was there at the meet on paper, as well...

You realize that if I ever do make it to the UK, I'll have to stay for at least a couple weeks and try to see everyone, and end up whining about going to the Netherlands, and Denmark, and....

OK, so I'm babbling...

I'll try to be happy about Pennsylvania this summer... (But August is so far away...)


Oh the irony!

Post 8

spimcoot

DoctorMO: simple shapes can indeed make the mind bend - they're amazing. Take, for instance, the laughter smiley; an unusual smiley in that it purports to be three dimensional by the simple expedient of a smidgeon of perspective. It's so simple, but it conveys exactly what it means without being taken for a bowling ball, which in other contexts (and without the arms) it could be. Good luck with the cartoon - can't wait to see it. I'm jealous of your rocking chair, too; haven't had a good rock in years. As for the poem: more than a song of tolerance, I think; it urges you to go one step further, for tolerance is a passive state after all, and use imagination to try to understand via those two will o' the wisps mind and soul, as opposed to a lumpen physical reaction characterised as knee jerk or gut. Very good.

Amy: would that we could all come over and see you instead; the world isn't quite as small as the internet would have us believe, is it? But we can still all chat away on this thing which has, after all, forged these friendships in the first place. Don't let's ask for the moon, we have the stars... (although celestially speaking I'd say that stars are worth rather more than moons).


Oh the irony!

Post 9

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I'm glad you liked it, although I noticed that I think I spelled Toungs wrong, tell me because it's one of thoughs words :-~)

well the Materialist in me would say that the stars are worth more. but the Sensationalist in me would claim that the moon was of larger value. the again the surielist in me would say that we'er only looking because we can't face what we see on the ground smiley - winkeye

(Spim, are you on here 24hours a day?)

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

'(Spim, are you on here 24hours a day?)'

You kidding? He's hardly ever on...


Oh the irony!

Post 11

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Must be a weekend thing then.

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 12

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I've noticed that he's mostly on Thursdays and sometimes Fridays... Can't imagine whysmiley - winkeye


Oh the irony!

Post 13

spimcoot

Call me the Marmite of h2g2 - spread thinly but very tasty (though that means that some people will hate me for no apparent reason).

Tongues, DoctorMO... I mean, that's how you spell it, not an indecent proposal dash it.


Oh the irony!

Post 14

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Thanks, thats updated now.

like me pet?
Marmite is one of thoughs things I would definitly take a miss to, unless it's a new rocket fuel. smiley - tongueout, I prefare Tea and bit of a Cake or some Borbens. I'm very easy to please smiley - winkeye

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 15

spimcoot

Ah you say that but, on a work course recently, I encountered some rogue bourbons! They had a squiggly pattern on the top instead of the word 'bourbon', which should really have been a give away, and white cream instead of brown! And I ate one before I realised!! So beware.


Oh the irony!

Post 16

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

What!
Oh the unspeakable Horor!

What and you've never had rouge Marmite, what do you think tarmac is?

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 17

spimcoot

I thought tarmac was Marmite de luxe.


Oh the irony!

Post 18

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Your thinking of Crude Oil once it's been half frozen and eaten by a large whale.

-- DoctorMO --


Oh the irony!

Post 19

spimcoot

The disadvantage with that is that you can't wash out the whale when you've finished and use it as a quaint storage jar. Unless you happen to have a spare whaling ship about your person.

And I don't know why I'm encouraging this tirade; I *like* Marmite - except when smeared on doorhandles by errant corridor mates in the first year at university, and it was *my* marmite, euch, I'll never forget the finger mark, I had to throw away the whole pot...

That grudge goes deep, I ought to have counselling for that.


Oh the irony!

Post 20

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

maby it's too much marmite that herelds the dark cartoon topics? or maybe not smiley - winkeye

-- DoctorMO --


Key: Complain about this post