A Conversation for Fans of Villainy, (or at least Monty Python) Unite!

Sign me up

Post 1

Vidmaster - A Pebble in the Pond

I always thought that Cassio and those guys should win in Julius Caesar. Mark Antony was a fairly lame leader, whose only attribute was his charisma ("He's got krisma. Bags of it," to quote Sargent Colon from Pratchett's Men at Arms). Cassio and "that other dude" had the best interests of the Roman people at heart, and wanted to make sure that charismatic jerks like Antony didn't get into power. And just look what happened. The Roman Empire fell.


Sign me up

Post 2

Iago - (ACE) Patriarch, Keeper, Thingite, Etc.(A680456)

Join the cause, fearless Vidmaster! You must select a noble title to honor the occasion. Choose wisely, for always will it dominate your destiny...


Sign me up

Post 3

Vidmaster - A Pebble in the Pond

Well, Iago. I have thought of a title at last. I wish to be Cassio, the intelligent and charismatic manipulator who just got hit by a streak of lousy luck during a perfectly normal coup which would have benefited the people but unfortunately resulted in a big war and his death, and all because of that jerk Mark Antony.

smiley - cheers
Vidmaster


Sign me up

Post 4

Iago - (ACE) Patriarch, Keeper, Thingite, Etc.(A680456)

All done. Have some smiley - cake and smiley - bubbly


Sign me up

Post 5

the Shee

And me?


Sign me up

Post 6

Vidmaster - A Pebble in the Pond

What about you?


Sign me up

Post 7

Iago - (ACE) Patriarch, Keeper, Thingite, Etc.(A680456)

As soon as you can think of a title, we'll add you to the list. Glad to see new members!

Have some smiley - cake and smiley - bubbly

smiley - cheers

Iago


Sign me up

Post 8

the Shee

Do I *have* to have a title?

Terrible at these things, really....

smiley - erm


*thinks*


Sign me up

Post 9

Iago - (ACE) Patriarch, Keeper, Thingite, Etc.(A680456)

Ok, I'll add you to the list. If you ever think of any sort of title, or anything else for that matter, just drop me a note.

smiley - cheers


Sign me up

Post 10

the Shee

Lady Macbeth, who really *does* deserve to be queen... *mutters* Everything would would have been fine if Duncan wasn't my illegitimate papa...

smiley - smiley
the Shee


Sign me up

Post 11

deackie

Finally, the perfect place for me. I upset my English teacher when I was at school during a discussion of Othello. I said that Iago was a far superior character, clever (probably rather handsome) and that if Othello and his cronies were that stupid then they deserved all they got. He got a little worried about me I think. He backed away anyhow. I've learnt something, I never carry handkerchiefs.


Sign me up

Post 12

Iago - (ACE) Patriarch, Keeper, Thingite, Etc.(A680456)

Did you read my essay? It sounds like we were in the same English class, and initiated the same discussion myself (my name is a testament to my protest.) Welcome to the club! As soon as you can think up a title, I'll add you to the list! BTW - tell everyone you know about the club, and check out the thread on the page. It has our statement of purpose/constitution.

smiley - cheers

Iago


Sign me up

Post 13

the Shee

LOL

Duncan being Claudius's illegitimate father? smiley - laugh Oh no, now we're confusing plays! smiley - biggrin


Sign me up

Post 14

krahn the kaos kid Dark Disciple # 13

If I join up do I have to be one of Shakespere's creations
coz I want to be the evil T 2000 other wise I am stuffed.

Krahnsmiley - cool


Sign me up

Post 15

Trinity, self-admitted geek and proud! ((1*7-7)*7+6*7=42)

I'd like to join as well...I haven't got a title in mind though...

Does it have to be Shakespeare related? Because I always cheered on the Imperials in Star Wars smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post