A Conversation for Heroquest - The Boardgame

Oh yeah!

Post 1

NightVision_UK

I had this game at home. Kind of unusual for a girl. I dispute that it led to the creation of Warhammer though: As far as I know TSR created this form of gaming, in America with their Dungeons & Dragons series of games, and Games Workshop/Citadel minatures are the younger, British equivalent.

You can see Dungeons & Dragons in action in the earlier scenes of the movie ET...it's what the kids are playing in the kitchen when ET is hiding in the garden.


Oh yeah!

Post 2

Tally

hi. Thanx for that info I'll consider it as I slowly edit my article. I had heard of D & D but I hadn't realised this used minature models. opps.


Oh yeah!

Post 3

NightVision_UK

It's a good article. I enjoyed it...It brings back happy memories. My friends and I used to stray from the rules frequently but the great thing about Heroquest is that it inspired the imagination that way.


Oh yeah!

Post 4

Tally

What about the advanced versio0n....My brother always cheated on the dice rolls to make sure all the rooms were hazard rooms!!!


Oh yeah!

Post 5

NightVision_UK

yeah, I got AH too...but really spent most of the time painting the miniatures. If you get your drybrushing technique right they come up lovely!


Oh yeah!

Post 6

Tally

I know.....I also found out that I can still get hold of the different types of skaven to complete the AH set!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more