A Conversation for A True Christmas Story

A True Christmas Tale

Post 1

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

*blinkities*

This is a true tale? *smiles* By gosh...Call me sappy, but I swear, it almost brought tears to my eyes. It's so easy to be cynical and hard minded, but this story is so wonderfully uplifting.

Almost renews my faith in the world, if even for a scant moment. *nodnods* You're a lucky person to have met this gentleman...


A True Christmas Tale

Post 2

gaston

Hello Cheesecakethulhu--leper outcast unclean,

Your name could very well reflect my status in H2G2 -as far as the "Editors" are concerned. How did you find my prison cell?
The story I wrote was absolutely true in every detail. I'm heartened you reacted the way you did because I wanted my writing to produce that effect, which was exactly how I felt as the man walked away from me in Gare de Lyon in Paris.
Thanks for your comment, it was like a ray of light reaching into a dark bowel of the earth.
Gidday!
Gaston


A True Christmas Tale

Post 3

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

I was...reading the Alternate Guide or whichever it is, generally bored. I found your tale and, honestly, I was amazed *smiles*

It's a sad thing really that this article especially has been hidden out of the way. Even if it's not technically what the Editors are looking for in the guide, I honestly think it would do good to have it featured somewhere a touch more prominent...

I'm glad my comments brought you at least some happiness. smiley - smiley


A True Christmas Tale

Post 4

gaston

Hello Cheesecakethulu--Leper outcast unclean,

Thanks for your comments.

There are two other true stories which might interest you . The first one you can get by tapping "Neapolitan Musical Chairs " in the advanced search space.

The second needs fighting your way into my dungeon. I have discovered a way this morning.
Step 1: Tap "Gaston " into the search space.

Step 2: Click here on A629075

Step 3: You are now in Gaston's prison and have access to some, but for some unknown reason, not all my writings. I think only the true stories I mentioned will interest you.
(Don't tell anybody I've found this way, I may neeed it as an escape route.)

It's really great talking to someone from Australia - I spent two weeks there and loved every moment of that too short a time.
Regards,
Gaston


A True Christmas Tale

Post 5

Boots

Cracking piece. I wanted to know the name of his wife, his family all the other members of the tour, what colour wallpaper he had in the bedroom, when his birthday was. How was this little gem overlooked when first posted?
Take care
Boots


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A True Christmas Story

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more