Greebo's Big One

0 Conversations



With all the hype about the film, The Lord of the Rings, I decided I might as well sit down and enjoy a little light reading with a copy of the book. I read The Hobbit years ago, but never did get round to reading The Lord of the Rings, maybe I was somewhat daunted by the size. After all, I think reading a book that is slightly bigger than myself is slightly frightening.

I am now really enjoying the book, and am wondering what to do about the film; I doubt I will be able to finish the book in time to catch the film at the cinema, but if I go before I finish the book, will I still want to continue reading if I know how it ends??

Worry, worry, worry!!!


What??? You want to say something??? .... Oh I see, thats ok then.


It seems that the film is only a third of the book long, and the other two thirds will be shown next year and the year after. Hmmm, plenty of time to finish the book then.

No worries!!!!

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o;:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:




Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed in two weeks time.



VOTE HERE

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:

GREEBO'S BIG ONE RESULTS




This was the question asked a couple of weeks ago, and below is the results of the voting...

As Doctor Who was voted the h2g2 researchers' fav. sci/fi show, I wondered which Doctor was your favourite...

  • Doctor Who number four, played by Tom Baker received 27% of researcher votes, making him the most popular of the good Doctor's.

  • A surprising 24% wondered just who this Doctor Who was/is.

  • Sixteen percent choose Doctor Who number seven, played by Sylvester McCoy

  • A nicely rounded 11% of readers thought the second Doctor, played by Patrick Troughton deserved a vote.

  • Another 11% were more impressed by the third Doctor, played by Jon Pertwee.

  • A not overwhelming 8% thought Doctor Who number five, played by Peter Davison was the best. Co-incidentely, Peter Davison also played the cow who wanted to be eaten in The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy tv series.

  • A lowly 3% voted for the very first Doctor Who, played by William Hartnell.

  • No one found it in their hearts to vote for Doctor Who number six, Colin Baker1 nor Doctor Who number eight, Paul McGann.




Maybe Doctor Who isn't as popular with the Post readers as I first thought, with a rather high percentage of voters wondering who Doctor Who is. Come to think of it though, wasn't that the whole idea of the TV series in the first place... to have viewers wondering just who this Doctor Who is? Looking at it from that angle, then the BBC acheived its original objective, to keep Doctor Who fans wondering. Yay, for Doctor Who!!!

As per usual, I have scoured the internet looking for the best, and often the worst links to pages about the winner of the vote, or at least pages that have a one percent chance of having something to do with the vote. I found the below links, and thought I would share them with you, and for those with no idea about the good Doctor, I have included the link to h2g2's very own The Who's Who of Doctor Who, written by researchers too numerous to mention here, and also a link to the recently founded The H2G2 Doctor Who Group.

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


A few random Tom Baker's Doctor Who links...

The History of THAT scarf
-----------------------------------

Knit THAT scarf
-----------------------------------

Knit the later version of THAT scarf
-----------------------------------

Adopt (?)Tom Baker's Doctor Who
-----------------------------------

For those who didn't have a clue, The Who's Who of Doctor Who
-----------------------------------

The H2G2 Doctor Who Group

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


Send your letters and anything else to me here:- Greebo T. Cat


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

13.12.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1See an early interview with Colin in this edition of The Post... ed.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A670583

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more