A Conversation for H2G2 OAPs

WISH LISTS

Post 1

OETZI

What is this place Tango. A shrine to what has been and never will be again.

Tango do you know the definition of time. Think of one, try and define "time".


WISH LISTS

Post 2

Tango

I think that's a good description of this place, yes.

Time? That's a hard one... there's the scientific definition that time is the 4th dimension of the universe. You can talk about time as being that, which passes as things move in space... it's certainly a hard one...

Tango


Hidden

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Time is that which prevents everything happening at once... smiley - geek


Hidden

Post 4

OETZI

That is why I asked the question. Think some more please!


Hidden

Post 5

OETZI

Tango you are off line right now, hope your mind is engaged.
Think we'll go for throttle up!
OK What do you think are the most important concepts in physics?
reply at will!


Hidden

Post 6

OETZI

Peet you are on the vector keep going please!


Hidden

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I suspect the most important concept in Physics is the concept of "a concept", without which no other theories would be possible. smiley - geeksmiley - weird


Hidden

Post 8

OETZI

You have done a 180 u turn. Turned the question back on itself.
True, abstractions are implicit but not the ziel in this question.


Hidden

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

What's "ziel"? smiley - erm


Hidden

Post 10

Tango

Most important concept... probably the Scientific Method, for the same reason peet said concepts themselves.

Tango


THE TRUE NATURE OF ALL THINGS

Post 11

OETZI

By ziel I mean subject/object.
Peets first reply was relevant. The others are evasive and non-productive.
Best to let the request "Define Time" to stew for about a month.
Suggest short spurts, make notes and research as resources allow.
regards Oetz


Key: Complain about this post