A Conversation for White Knight Chronicles

Peer Review: A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 1

Vip

Entry: White Knight Chronicles - A66197172
Author: Vip - U188069

I'm not sure if the structure is solid enough for this one - please let me know if you don't like it.

I would like to think that I've got the balance between informative and dull, but again, please comment if you found that you switched off or I've left you feeling you've missed something important.

I've tried to be balanced about this game, as it does have its flaws, even though I've really enjoyed playing it.

As usual all comments, even just a plain 'looks good!' or nitpicking grammar/spelling are welcome. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi Vip,

this stuff is outside my sphere of experience, but I'd just like to ask a couple of things.

smiley - modIs there a recommended age range for this game? I noticed when buying a console game for my grandson that there were suggested ages on some of them.

smiley - modHow do you communicate with other players whilst playing online? do you have to type text into a chat box, or just get on and fight the enemies?

smiley - mod How graphic are the sound effects, and the portrayal of death and doom? Gruesomely realistic or OTT?

Apart from that, it looked comprehensible to me.

ps Alex wanted some reviews on his Heavy Rain Entry A14464776smiley - biggrin


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 3

Vip

I've already commented, Lanza. smiley - tongueout

I'll look out the details and post here when I've completed them. Thanks! smiley - ok

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 4

Vip

I addressed your points Lanza, thank you for asking. I've also added a bit more detail about the game style (explaining the 16+ rating, essentially) and the lack of blood and gore which is rather nice. I've also added a smigeon more about how you actually get to use skills that you've learnt.

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 5

Vip

I've added a few more links and tidied up a few bits of text. I have also added a footnote to say exactly which swear words are used, so people have an idea. As far as I can tell it's the only reason the game got a 16+ rating.

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 6

Vip

I think if after a couple of weeks this Entry has only garnered one review, it may not be interesting enough for the Guide!

I'll give it one more week in case anyone missed it by accident, and then I'll remove it from Peer Review. smiley - ok

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 7

BMT

Hi Vip,
I'm not a games player and don't know this game at all so will refrain from comment as to accuracy of content. Just a few suggestions though.

""Along the way he picks up other characters that help and hinder him, as well as the ability to transform into the powerful White Knight using ancient armour created by one of two warring factions from long ago.""

That's a long, long sentence, could do with being broken down somewhat.

Suggest:-

**Along the way he picks up other characters that can either help or hinder him. He also has the ability to transform into the powerful White Knight using ancient armour created by one of two warring factions from long ago.

-----------------------------------------

""You can choose to make your avatar the character you control in-game and it's the one you'll use in the online quests, so make sure it is someone you are happy to watch running around on your screen.""

As above, a long sentence.

Suggest:-

**You can make your own avatar character that you control in-game and it's the one you'll use in the online quests. It's best to make it someone you are happy to watch running around on your screen.**

-----------------------------------------

That's about it really, I think you've done enough to describe the game without spoiling it for those who may play it. It's a difficult balance to reach when writing about games like this.

smiley - cat




A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 8

Vip

Both good points, both amended. smiley - ok

I'm glad you think I've got that balance right, thanks for commenting on that too.

smiley - fairy


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 9

BMT

Looks good to go for me. Well done. smiley - ok
I think there's another article in here about a pc game, must have a butchers at that too.smiley - smileysmiley - geek

smiley - cat


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 10

h5ringer

Vip, *please* don't remove this from PR. I'm not a gamer myself (I leave that to my son, who devotes his entire existence to it smiley - rolleyes) so I'll have to stick to nitpicks:

smiley - mod whilst >> while. Use of *whilst* is deprecated in the Guide, being considered archaic (sadly IMO)

smiley - mod 21 *separate* skills

smiley - ok


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 11

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I never knew that about 'whilst' smiley - shrug I must be archaic then, as I use this in speech. Maybe its a more common usage in the North of England?


Anyway - I totally agree with h5ringer - don't remove it. The population of PR is not a reflection of the general public who may google this subject and be brought into h2g2. Also, reviewers may have read this and not found anything to be picky about, but just haven't given a response.

I vote it should stay! smiley - ok


A66197172 - White Knight Chronicles

Post 12

Vip

Okay, I'll re-submit it. smiley - smiley It'll have a new PR thread though, sorry about that.

I took it out because I don't want to put something forward if it's not in the best interest of the Guide. After all, there are lots of other places on the 'net that have roughly the same amount of information on this game. I'm concerned that it's too generic, but I have no ideas on how to make it less so (I'm rubbish at that!).

If you guys disagree, then I'm happy to put it forward. smiley - ok

H5 - Thanks for pointing out the whilst-->while thing - I wasn't aware of it either. I've also corrected the spelling.

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more