A Conversation for Some questions before the Amnesty was announced

New "apology" clause in the House Rules

Post 1

Deidzoeb

Whether or not Lucinda's comment was offensive, whether or not censorship can be performed credibly two months after being passed, to me the larger problem with the ban of Lucinda is that it appears he might not have been banned if he had apologized. Which makes you wonder, if a guide entry is offensive enough to merit suspension, should an apology be enough to stop the suspension?

If an apology is strong enough to stop the suspension, was it really that offensive in the first place?

This reminds me of the LeKZ XXXX'd post. If that post had been so offensive on the surface of it, why is it still allowed to be shown on this site, actually posted by h2g2 staff on the start of the Lifetime Suspension thread?

(Hope I'm not being "anti-social" by voicing disagreement with these decisions. The recent amnesty is pretty cool, but I hope there aren't too many future instances of people suspended for failing to apologize, or suspended based on the an offensive post that is tame enough to remain on site.)


New "apology" clause in the House Rules

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Hi Subcom,

The whole thing stinks, and the emperor has no clothes. I am taking myself off-site for a while, because I think that there is a sewage farm heading straight for the turbines....

You know where to reach me if you need me.

B


Key: Complain about this post

New "apology" clause in the House Rules

More Conversations for Some questions before the Amnesty was announced

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more