The h2g2 Dragon Patrol

3 Conversations

We're the Dragon patrol from BSA Troop 1933, Kalispell, MT. Four out of six active members of the patrol are on The Guide now. This is our page primarily, for upcoming events, but it also has some general scouting information, or will as soon as I post it.

Who We Are

Vidmaster - Patrol leader, Founder of the patrol, and all around cool guy. Life scout.
WyrmMaster - Second longest standing member and Patrol overclocker. Assistant Patrol leader, when we're on the guide. Star scout.
Ex Libris Draconium - Patrol scapegoat and debater. Introduced the patrol to The Guide. Tenderfoot.
Iron Griffon - Patrol spiritmaster and weaponsmith. Made our flag, made the Vidmaster's Blade. First class.



The other two guys are Jerry and Braden, but they're not on the guide.

What We Do

We try and represent what's best in scouting. The hiking, camping, cooking delicious meals over a campfire, patrol spirit, and hours of uncomplaining cheerful service. We succeed on all but the last count. We'll do service, but we prefer to gripe and moan the whole time. On principle.

Hiking


We haven't done much of this as a whole patrol, but WyrmMaster and I have gone on several hikes in the nearby Jewel Basin and Glacier National Park. All members of the patrol enjoy hiking, we just haven't done much together.

Camping


This is what we love. The whole patrol attends most campouts. We pride ourselves on our master camping skills, such as pitching a tent in the rain without getting it too wet, starting a one match fire in the rain, cooking in the rain, and making good tarp shelters during snowstorms. No weather is too foul, no ground is too uncomfortable, and nothing is too wet to burn.

Cooking


Actually, we love this about as much as camping. Think of it as the cherry on top of the sunday (or should they be called Dontbrys too?). While the other scouts eat lousy canned ravioli, or eat ramen noodles, we feast on delectable teriyaki chicken, munch on apple cobbler, or make ourselves a batch of hot fresh donuts for breakfast. We plan to combine all our knowledge, and write a guide entry on camp cooking, or maybe advanced camp cooking if there's already one out there.

Patrol spirit


Our patrol is the only one in the whole troop that has actually done things as a patrol. We've camped as a patrol several times when the troop's monthly campout got canceled. We also enjoy getting together to do stuff that's completely unrelated to scouts, such as playing computer games and pen and paper RPGs.1

What's on the agenda?

Nothing. How exciting.



Cheers,

Vidmaster
1Role Playing Games

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A657498

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more