SWUS Nuts Meet in March!

1 Conversation

Welcome to this page. Its purpose is to help us plan and organize the Mixed Nuts meet in Denver, Colorado, scheduled for March 15-17, 2002. If you are in the South Western United States or are planning to visit during that time, please consider joining us.

DancingDancing

Tentative Schedule

The following is what I have, thus far, put together as activities for us to do in March. If there are any suggestions, please post them below and I will see what I can do to add them in.

Thursday, March 14

Ok, technically this isn't "officially" part of the meet, but Thursday is the all ages night at my favorite club, The Church. Anyone who can get here by Thursday is welcome to join me there. (I chose this night because it is all ages, so our younger members can join in the fun too.)

Friday, March 15

The first official day of the meet will start a bit later than it might, in deference to those who do go to the club. After a good lunch - curry has been suggested and I know just the place! (Don't worry, FG. We'll find something for you too.) - its a quick jaunt down to either the Museum of Art and Science (famous for its dinosaur collection and possessing a lovely planetarium) or the Denver Zoo, depending on the weather. After running around one or both location/s all afternoon, we'll head back north for dinner at the house - suggestions welcome, but I was thinking of making a big pot of homemade chili con carne if there are none. From there, possibly a film. (I've heard that Rollerball will still be around.)

Saturday, March 16

Three glassses of beer

This being a free day at the Denver Art Museum and there being many artists in our group, I was thinking that this might be a nice place to spend the majority of Saturday. Two blocks away is Pint's Pub - a charming place that would remind any British researcher of home. A perfect place for a quick bite of dinner and fun pictures to post so that we can prove to the Brits that American researchers have as much fun. From there, we'll take a drive to Morrisson, where we will take a waling tour of this lovely mountain town, hearing ghost stories and history as told by Dee and Beaux.

Sunday, March 17

I have nothing planned, as yet, for this day. We do not know who will be leaving or when they will need to get on the road.

Suggestions Welcome

Writing with a pen

Any suggestions for changes or activities are, of course, welcome. Please post them below. If you are wondering what there is to do in Denver, please feel free to read any of the following: Denver, CO USA, The Mountains of Denver, CO USA, Denver CitySearch.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask them.

A cowboy and a horse at a barJoin the SWUS Researchers

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A657010

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more