Greebo's Big One

1 Conversation



First of all, I would like to say, 'You all looked brilliant', to the Trick or Treaters that knocked on the door to Greebo's Lair on October 31st. Not sure why they all ran away crying when I threw the bucket of water over them though... I mean... they did say 'Trick or Treat!!'... and as I had no treats... I'd eaten them all... then they had to settle for a trick!! ~grin~

It's an embarrassing question this week, so don't get too red faced when you read it. Have fun, and remember... be safe out there.

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o;:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:




Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed in two weeks time.



VOTE HERE

:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:

GREEBO'S BIG ONE RESULTS




This was the question asked a couple of weeks ago, and below is the results of the voting...

A wealthy looking gentleman in front of you in a queue drops a 20 pound note, he, nor no one else notices... do you...

  • 59% of h2g2 researchers said they would pick it up and give it back to the gentleman.

  • 32% stated the would tell the gentleman he had dropped it and then look hopeful.

  • A lowly 5% said the would pick it up, pocket it and then give it away to charity when their guilt got the better of them.

  • Another 5% said that they would ignore it.





Well... well... well... this just proves my opinion on h2g2 researchers... It didn't cross my mind once that you would allow any of the deadly sins to enter your lives. You are a very honest and good lot of people.

Even the few who slipped from grace and took the money could not keep it and would be so guilt ridden that they would give it away to charity.

I think you all deserve a large pat on the back...

Hmmm... I wonder though... this vote was not the biggest turn out at the booths... in fact it was the lowest for a long time. Were there a lot of h2g2 researchers out there that didn't vote because they were afraid of being bad. Or are you all just getting fed up with answering silly questions... I guess next weeks vote will tell all...



THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS.



Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.



Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.



Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.



Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.



Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.



Covetousness is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Greed.



Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.





:o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o::o)(o:


Send your letters and anything else to me here:- Greebo T. Cat


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

08.11.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A654428

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more