A Conversation for h2g2 Post 06.12.01... 2nd Birthday Edition

hmm, I was woundering.

Post 1

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I looked back on last weeks ed. and it looks a bit bigger than usual.

is it that it is the Birthday ed. or are more people writing stuf for the post?

-- DoctorMO --


hmm, I was woundering.

Post 2

Pastey

This current edition is our second birthday edition. We started on December 6th 1999, I think. Time flies when you're having fun.

We do have more people writing for us now though. Just look through some of the back issues to see. When we first started we had a lot less, some weeks I believe all the articles were written by a hard core of four or five people. Those were the days smiley - winkeye

It's a sign of how much the Post is growing with the h2g2 Community. As the community has developed the Post has become more and more of an integral part, a sort of central nervous system in a way. And as such we're looking to expand on that in the future.

Ah, how things have changed since we started, but that's another rambling.

I don't think we can thank the people who write for us enough. Some people come and go, writing the odd bit here and there. I for one write occasionally, depending on how real life interacts and whether I have anything to write about. Others are the same. Others again write an article week in and week out, making the core of the Post and guranteeing an issue every week. We haven't yet had a week where we haven't published due to a lack of content, we've come close in the past, but researchers have always mucked in and come up with the goods for us.

smiley - rose


hmm, I was woundering.

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Quality is always good though, the mind of people who dwell on this sitew I supose.

-- DoctorMO --


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more