trees, Picking people up using

1 Conversation

Trees, being defined as any vegetative entity of the arbores family are incredibly useful. You can shelter under them in a rain strom (though not a lightning one), rest against them if feeling weary and even use them to pick up members of the opposite sex, or the same sex if that way inclined. Infact, you could use them to pick up virtually anything in which you have an interest.

Anyway, the method of picking people up by using a tree:-

1. Stand around for a while looking lost and lonely. If people try to talk to you pretend to be very shy.

2. After a few hours of this, walk up to the nearest tree and start talking to it. (You may discuss anything with the tree as they are very liberal minded).

3. Sooner or later someone will come up and ask why you are talking to a tree.

4. Explain you are very shy and that by talking to trees you feel you can communicate without any undue pressure caused by them talking back.

5. If you are unlucky the person will think you are mad and will run away, possibly calling the local psychiatric ward soon after.

6. If you are LUCKY, the person will take pity on you and will engage you in scintillating conversation and possibly even offer to be a mate for a while.

7. If the person is of interest, go along with anything that happens.

8. If the person is NOT of any interest, then repeat steps 2 - 4

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A64540

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more