A Conversation for The Berlin Airlift

A632486 - The Berlin Airlift

Post 1

Lizzy

Hi, I'm thinking of putting this forward as an edited entry. Can you give me some constructive criticism b4 I do so?
Cheers, Liz smiley - rose


A632486 - The Berlin Airlift

Post 2

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Hi Liz,

Like the piece! Takes me back to A Level history lessons!
An important subject covered very well!

Just a couple of points, one boring and the other interesting.

The boring one is that "pre-text" ought to be spelt "pretext" I think.

The more interesting one is to do with why the blockade was started. From memory, I think that the Soviets were expecting to be attacked again by the Western allies in the medium term, and were very afraid of a powerful capitalist Germany being re-established as a first move towards an eventual attack. Of course, they had fought two devastating wars with Germany in the last 30 years, and feared a strong Germany in the enemy camp. Of course, part of the motivation was probably expansionist, but it was also a defensive move.

Best wishes


Otto.


A632486 - The Berlin Airlift

Post 3

Lizzy

Cheers Otto!smiley - ok
- For the record, I actually studied the Berlin Airlift as part of my German course.
Thanks for the advice & for replying so quickly smiley - smooch - I'll send it off to Peer Review!smiley - run(Wish me luck...smiley - erm)
Lizzy smiley - rose


Thread Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The Writing Workshop' to 'The Berlin Airlift'. Hi folks, This thread has been moved back to the entry, as the entry has been reworked in the Writing Workshop. There is a new PR thread at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F48874?thread=141882.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more