A Conversation for Thoughts From a UK Perspective

To UK from US

Post 1

Researcher 182562

I want you to know that CNN (or some channel) showed the changing of the guard yesterday where they played the Star Spangled Banner, and panned across the crowds watching - many of whom were weeping. And I felt deeply touched. So did many Americans. They were even discussing it on a rock and roll radio show on the radio as I drove in today, and everyone seemed to feel the same. I think there is a special meaning to gestures such as this from overseas friends who might have troubles of their own, and other things to think about. People so often get caught up in thier own nation's business and so often see others as totally foreign, that it is really great to see such a display of fellow feeling. Thanks, UK!


To UK from US

Post 2

Post Team

The three minutes silence observed throughout the European Community and the service at St Pauls Cathedral were also extremely moving.
As a Brit now living in Holland I should say that my neighbours next door are flying the Dutch flag at half mast, as are many others.
Out thoughts are with you. smiley - cheerup

shazz smiley - magic


To UK from US

Post 3

Post Team

The three minutes silence observed throughout the European Community and the service at St Pauls Cathedral were also extremely moving.
As a Brit now living in Holland I should say that my neighbours next door are flying the Dutch flag at half mast, as are many others.
Out thoughts are with you. smiley - cheerup

shazz smiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Thoughts From a UK Perspective

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more