A Conversation for Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1 'Today Again'

A629561-Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1'Today Again'

Post 1

Scott Bennett-AKA Scoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A629561

Right this is not neccessarily the most obvious recomendation for a new entry but I think it (and its sister articles are justified for their inclusion. After all h2g2 is meant to be a guide to everything. If my life dosen't consititute a small part of everything I will not just be surprised but crushed. Can you live with that?
Anyway this is meant to be a humourous glimpse of my life and this entry is an intro into the diary.


A629561-Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1'Today Again'

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Scott, as I mentioned in the PR thread of one of your other entries, the place for this type of writing is on your personal space or kept as a Guide Entry. People who visit your page will still be able to see and comment on it. It will also show up when people search the h2g2 database.

An example of something I wrote that is also not suitable for the Edited Guide lives at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A499403

As you will notice, both yours and mine are written using the first person. This, except in exceptional cases, is not acceptable in the Edided Guide.


A629561-Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1'Today Again'

Post 3

Scott Bennett-AKA Scoop

Thank You all for the advice and info.

My Diary already exists as my journal and I will keep turning it into unedited entries. I am also gonna talk to the post about a column.

Thanks for not being nasty.

Anyone who has any thoughts on a more creative level (about future directions, your comments would be appreciated.

Scotty B.


A629561-Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1'Today Again'

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Why not pick some of the splendid topics you cover in your diary and turn them into articles that meet the Edited Guide guidelines.

If you decide to take that course of action, remember you are the reporter, not the subject.

You may pick up a few tips from an article on my h2g2 space named "Guidelines for h2g2 sub editors and writers".

Good luck

Loony


Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 1 'Today Again''.

This thread has been moved at the author's request.


Key: Complain about this post