A Conversation for The Reluctant Gaijin in Japan: Recruitment and Working

So, how long...

Post 1

Vip

... are you out there for? How long do you reckon you could stick it out? It sounds like hard work.

I has to be said, the two other people I've heard of who've done similar things also say that, however hard you work, the Japanese will never think you good enough. It's such an inbuilt mechanism that nobody will challenge it.

smiley - fairy


So, how long...

Post 2

toybox

smiley - lurk


So, how long...

Post 3

The_Reluctant_Gaijin

The problem isn't that I don't work enough, it's that I know what I am doing and therefore stick out like a sore thumb. Rumour has it the company is about to 'do a NOVA' and go bust anyway, which is why I gave them a fictional name - so I can't be held responsible for the rumour, although I expect they'll still try to pin it on me.


So, how long...

Post 4

Vip

Oh, crickey. That's no good. What happens to you if they go? Will you hope to stay out there or will you have to come back?

Best of luck,

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Reluctant Gaijin in Japan: Recruitment and Working

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more