A Conversation for Swimming Strokes

Fascinating reading about swimming.....

Post 1

AlsoRan80

Dear Vip and Websailor.

Thank you WS for guiding me to this entry,


Thank you Vip for writing about it.

when I started my cometitive swimming there was no butterfly, !!

In atual fact we never called it front crawl - just crawl.

I am dying to know where you learnt your swimming and how hight you reached in the practice of it.

thank you both.

Christiane
AR80
Sat. 23rd January 2919 16.15 GBT 0


Fascinating reading about swimming.....

Post 2

Vip

Hello there, Christiane,

I started swimming at my local pool when I was five, as my parents wanted me to be able to save my own life if I found myself in deep water. When I reached the age of nine I was allowed to join the local swimming club.

I continued swimming at the club until I left home for university aged eighteen. Whilst I never got as far as representing my County, I was one of the better backstroke swimmers in the region and one of the leading female swimmers in my club (mostly because they tended to drop out in their teens so there were few of us left!).

I always enjoyed swimming, especially backstroke for which I was naturally talented. My breaststroke was dreadful, but enough to get me though the Individual Medley races which were my second speciality.

What did you swim?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Vip
smiley - fairy


Fascinating reading about swimming.....

Post 3

AlsoRan80

I was also a backstroke swimmer dear vip, How interesting.
I am tired but I shall write to you tomorrow and then we can compare notes. !! Except of course that I am as old a Methusaleh. !!

go well

Cristiane
AR80

Saturday 23rd January 2010 19.00 GMT


Key: Complain about this post

Fascinating reading about swimming.....

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more