A Conversation for GG: Gnomon

Hello!

Post 1

Ocarina Cave Girl

Hiya Gnomon, OCG here... just wanted to say hi, since I've been away for such a long time, and that I appreciate your contributions to the peer review of my article. I could explain in way too much detail what kept me away, but I won't for now smiley - smiley Anyway, see ya around!


Hello!

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi OCG. I don't remember now what your entry in Peer Review was about. I hope I wasn't too harsh! smiley - smiley

See you around!


Hello!

Post 3

Ocarina Cave Girl

Nah was very nice to have your feedback. Was about Gregorian Chant... a paper I wrote in high school (back when I had time to actually research things hehe) What's new with you?


Hello!

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I went to Prague for the Easter weekend, so I am busy writing a long entry on Prague. A beautiful city!


Hello!

Post 5

Linus

Gnomon! Why have you decided to call it a day at Fun Trivia?


Hello!

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Linus!

I've got a bit tired of FunTrivia. Between the Rnd questions, the bickering about whether things were quiz questions or not, cricket questions and the top selling poster of all time, I've just seen too much that I'm not interested in anymore.

I'll retire gracefully, having contributed my share of answers.

And I spend far too much time on various different sites. I've decided to concentrate all my efforts into h2g2 instead, which is a much more worthwhile cause.


Hello!

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Welcome to h2g2, by the way! I hope you take a look around while you're here.


Hello!

Post 8

Linus

Yes, I can understand that. The Ask FT site seems a lot less vibrant these days and many of the more learned and interesting characters are visiting less and less often. It's a great pity but hopefully something will be done to stem the decline.

I hope you will return at some point, as the site will be poorer for the loss of your contributions.

In the meantime, all the very best!

Linus.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more