The h2g2 Post 15.02.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 15th February 2010


 

 

Fitness

How fit are you? My youngest son bought a pull-up bar last week. You hang it on the door frame and then you can do your pull-ups. Well, I haven't been to the gym for years, so I thought this was a handy way to do something for my fitness. But my, that was embarrassing. I hung there like a wet sack, unable to pull myself up even a centimetre. My eldest son looked at my useless efforts and said he wondered just how I managed to carry the shopping up to the second floor. I am now determined to go by the instructions of Leo's great Guide Entry and see how far I get. I'll keep you posted – or not, depends on the outcome.

Last week, I told you about the trouble I had to load h2g2 pages. I couldn't explain it, but with the help of the eds and a few friends, I was able to exclude a variety of possible reasons. It all boiled down to be a fault at my ISP's end. So, after I had battled with pages that took ages to load if they loaded in the first place, I eventually asked my husband to check it for himself. I knew he would think it was the BBC if he didn't see for himself. He checked a few things, then called our ISP. They checked something and immediately said there was indeed something wrong at their end and that they'd fix it. Which they did. It was fixed when I got home from work the next day. So now I can access my conversations and the Post pages again.

So all's well that ends well, and we present you with yet another great issue of the h2g2 Post. Enjoy!


B'Elana


 

 
DECLINE OF A KINGDOM

 

 

 

 

ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCE


 

 

 

 

OH HAPPY GOLDEN DAYS(?)


 

 

 

 

 

 
PUBLIC TRANSPORT

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A61427009

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more