A Conversation for Talking Point: Technology that's Supposed to be Helpful... but Isn't

Dishwashers

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

The time you spend not washing dishes you have to spend washing the flipping dish washer. You have to put salt in here, and Calgon in there and you never have enough to fill the dish washer so you tend to just do it by hand.


Dishwashers

Post 2

It wasn't me

Okay, that's why you have to have two dishwashers: one to fill untill it's full, so it won't have to run small loads, which is beneficial for environment and also saves you money. When it's ready you'll have everything washed again and start using it. Then, when it's dirty, just put it in the other dishwasher, until that one's full.
You just need two diswashers of approx. identical size, 'cos otherwise things wouldn't fit and you end up doing those stuff by hand, until your bigger dishwasher is empty again.


Dishwashers

Post 3

Researcher 182562

Oh no - this one I can't agree with. I love my dishwasher. if I leave the dirty stuff in the sink until I feel like washing it, the whole kitchen smells after a while. (I don't feel like washing them very often). Closed in the washer, they are inoffensive. My only complaint about my dishwasher is I can't wash my biggest pot in it. I wash things once a week whether it is full or not. I guess such waste is just another example of American indifference to the environment, although I am pretty careful in most other areas.


Dishwashers

Post 4

It wasn't me

Your attitude to the environment is wonderfull, you're giving everything that's left on the dishes the opportunity to start an evolution until they're able to breath on itself. And just before you're starting the dishwasher you can lure it out and keep it in your biggest pot. Then after 4 or 5 weeks you can keep it as a pet, wouldn't that be nice. That's what caring about the environment is all about, being gentle and considerative towards other lifeforms, how primitive they may be.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more