A Conversation for Scottish Researchers Group

Meep?

Post 1

Fiona

Hi! Please can I be considered "in"?

The name's Fiona, and I'm a Glaswegian. =D And I'm user 3263512.

Pleased to meet ya!

~Fif


Meep?

Post 2

Demon Drawer

And you nightowl added to list.


Meep?

Post 3

swl

It appears to me that the mini-metropolis of Stirling is tragically absent from your list. Purely in the interests of adding this historically important town to the annals, perhaps I should apply for membership of the SRG.

Also, while I'm here, can someone tell me the location of a town which many people (including some Researchers) suggest I should visit? It's called Gettaefuc, but I can't find it on the map.

I look forward to your helpful response.


Meep?

Post 4

Teuchter

SWL - I think that might be found somewhere near Gettaefuyabassa? smiley - silly



smiley - run


Meep?

Post 5

swl

Ah smiley - ok I'll go and look.


Meep?

Post 6

Demon Drawer

Isn't that the town that is twinned with Sassan'ach Tskum in the South?


Meep?

Post 7

swl

A slow realisation is dawning over me.

smiley - cross


By the way, on the wondrous SRG homepage, there is a mention of Weggieland. Is that a place where it is adviseable to go commando, a la Morningside-style?

I've got a mental image of hordes of track-suited neds roaming the streets, pounching on speccy wee boys with a yell of "Wedgie yabass".


Meep?

Post 8

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

>>Gettaefuyabassa

Tha big yin'll be aftae yae, snafflin' his words!!!!!


smiley - cheers


Meep?

Post 9

fords - number 1 all over heaven

The SRG members page needs a rehaul. Lots of peeps listed what haven't posted for a loooonggggg time...

And you can all get tae Falkirk smiley - tongueout


Meep?

Post 10

Demon Drawer

Now now. Are we going to take away memberships just because someone is absent look at Babel's return after years in the wilderness.


Meep?

Post 11

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Maybe we could do what used to happen (and possibly still does) to the ACEs and other volunteer groups - every so often everyone would be asked to confirm that they still wanted to be in the group. Those who didn't reply were assumed to have vanished and would be removed from the list. Of course, if someone did return to hootoo after an absence it would be easy enough for them to reapply...


Meep?

Post 12

Demon Drawer

Actually how about I set up a Brigadoon list for such researchers that's more in keeping with our Scottish-"ish" roots.


Meep?

Post 13

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Brigadoon, why I think I have viseted it, it is the trees cafe on union street in Glasgow. hasnt changed since my mum was a wee bairn or so she sais. . .
smiley - towel


Meep?

Post 14

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Brigadoon always makes me think of that awful film with the toe-curling 'Scotch' accents...smiley - yuk

The page really does need an overhaul though, so get on with it or let me get my mitts on it smiley - evilgrin


Meep?

Post 15

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

*pokes DD with a big stick*

The page needs updating when you've got a minute, DD. Apparently we're still organising Towel Day 2007. smiley - erm


Meep?

Post 16

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

thats some fine procrastinating right enough


Key: Complain about this post