Scottish and Welsh Elections

0 Conversations

Can somebody tell me why, after we went out and democratically voted in a new parliament in Scotland, and an Assembly in Wales, the politicians are now getting together to discuss how it will be run, who will have the power, and whether one party will take control? I thought that's what we had done by exercising our democratic right to vote? Why did we bother? Why didn't they just do this in the first place? Does it matter how we vote anymore? It seems not! If there is no clear majority, then doesn't that reflect that there is no clear consensus amongst the people. Don't the politicians, our representatives, have to live with that? If they wanted to all work together why did they bother with an election in the first place? Just a bit of a ramble at 7.40am this morning!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A59203

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more