A Conversation for ESP - A sceptical viewpoint

Interesting

Post 1

Dark Side of the Goon

but flawed.

Nostradamus' predictions, if they are predictions and not very bad poetry, are an easy target to have a crack at simply because they are very well known. However, a little delving into the world of ESP produces some rather bizarre ideas and incidents. A good example is Project Stargate, the team of remote viewers (clairvoyant/clairaudients) based at Fort Mary Meade in the USA. This team of "psychics" were used by the American military intelligence community to provide data on areas of interest all over the world. The project is well documented and open to discussion. The interesting thing about Project Stargate is that if the US military were involved in a quite serious attempt to harness ESP, doesn't that mean they must have had good reason to do so?

On the flip side, there are many instances in day to day life of what Jung termed "Synchronicity". For example, you're sitting at your desk with a tune churning around in your head. Seconds later, the man at the desk next to you starts whistling the same tune. ESP? Possibly not, but it's these small coincidences, in all likelyhood linked to the way that the brain works and the order in which it processes information, that make people draw the conclusion that there is some kind of comunication going on that exists outside the range of human perception.


Interesting

Post 2

Researcher 209550

on your second point, yes stupid people do think there is more to this than just 'how the brain works' this is how these people fall for all manner of nonsense.
on your first point, I very much doubt if you could give any names of anyone who has ever been a part of this paranormal experiment or its outcomes. you are falling into the trap of 'hearsay as evidence'.
People such as U. geller are forever telling of the cia ect(highly unlikey yet not impossible (see below)) using them in the cold war.they know secret government offices never give out info so they cannot be refuted.

Also you are assuming that just because someone is a member of the us military it is impossible for them to be duped by these snake oil sellers....yeah ok.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ESP - A sceptical viewpoint

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more