FrontPage Archive - October 2009

0 Conversations

[Prev]part of an unofficial archive of h2g2 front pages[Next]

5 October 2009

An ear of wheat.A Gluten-free Diet - A comprehensive guide to what you can or cannot eat and drink if wheat is definitely NOT your friend.

Pickett's Charge - An account of the General Lee's disastrous tactic at the Battle of Gettysburg that led to the defeat of the Confederates.

Aldebaran: 'the Eye of the Bull' - 40-50 times larger than our own puny sun, Aldebaran A is the brightest star in the Taurus constellation.

QOTD: Never played Second Life. I've enough problems coping with the first one.

12 October 2009

Two fried eggs.Five Ways to Fry an Egg - Over easy or sunny side up? A comprehensive guide to preparing your breakfast.

Star Trek: The Tricorder - A definitive history of one of the most essential bits of kit for exploring a newly discovered planet!

I-Spy: a Publishing Phenomenon - Running to over 40 titles, discover Charles Warrell's literary revolution for children.

QOTD: … and I still have a thing for long-haired programmers somewhere about me. I don't know why.

13 October 2009



®

19 October 2009

An iceberg.Ice - An in-depth look at H2O when it's below zero degrees. While many areas of civilisation need ice, many others must contend with it.

Nerdfighters and Nerdfighting - Discover the arcane history of reducing the amount of 'suck' on our planet.

Pleasant Pheasant: A Recipe for Roasted Pheasant - It's not just the fowl you avoid running over: are you game for this tasty dish?

QOTD: I don't believe in reincarnation … but in a former life, I did

26 October 2009

Part of a map of Europe coloured with four colours.The Four Colour Theorem - How a conjecture on the minimum number of colours required to draw a map became a theorem.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - It is thought that in this condition a high level of insulin leads to the persistence of immature egg follicles.

Queen Victoria's Railway - Fascinating account of a local railway line with royal connections, operating between Fareham and Gosport.

QOTD: effeminate? I'd have said it's more to do with being coy but inviting. Pretending to be shy to entice, perhaps less of the coy and more of the enticing with a hint of cheek...

[Prev][Index][Next]

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A57837658

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more