A Conversation for A guide to The Wacky Races

A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 1

Researcher 168963

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A567191

It had to come in the end didn't it? Flourescent tells me I'm obssessed, it appears she was correct.
Anyway, there isn't an entry in the edited guide for the Wacky races, (although it does get a brief mention in the entry 'cartoons'), and I thought the void needed filling.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 2

il viaggiatore

A good entry with two misspellings: caricature and phenomenal.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 3

Researcher 168963

Cheers
smiley - ok


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 4

Researcher 168963

Anyone else?


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 5

iaoth

DARN. smiley - grr I had a lot of stuff written here, but suddenly I get a "Proxy error, server refused connection" error and everything disappears. Oh well, I'll just have to start over.

I had a few nitpicks. You keep writing "it's" where it's supposed to say "its" -- it's = it is.

In addition to that, I had pointed out some spelling errors, plus an extra "scripts" in the second sentence. The first sentence seems to say that Hanna Barbera also did the actual broadcasting. Did they?

I'll just repeat my biggest nitpicks. Creepy Coupe: "Gruesome Twosome Bigand L'il" -> "Gruesome Twosome Big and Li'l". Bullet Proof Bomb: "Cylde" -> "Clyde". Buzz Wagon: "saws serbing as wheels, adn was made of wood" -> "saws serving as wheels, and was made of wood". The format: "meeting varies characters" -> "meeting various characters". "form race to race" -> "from race to race". "steel mountains" -> "steep mountains", although the first one sounds cool. smiley - smiley

Footnote: "doens't" -> "doesn't"

The last thing I wanted to say was -- what about Treasure Hunt? Is that what you're referring to as Treasure Trail? I liked Treasure Hunt, mainly because of Snagglepuss, Dastardly and Top Cat. The theme song was cool too: "Gonna get a riddle, gonna get a clue; put 'em all together -- it's up to you!" smiley - smiley "It's fun fun fun fuuuuuntastic!"

As far as I'm concerned, this entry just needs a bit of proofreading and then it's ready for the edited guide.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 6

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

*enters stage left*

Yeah!
Excellent entry, If I was a scout, and couldn't reccomend my own entry, I'd reccomend this.

On the subject of scouting are scouts only allowed one recommendation a month?

*Exits stage right*
Z.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 7

Researcher 168963

I've followed your recommendations although I'm not sure on the Clyde/Cylde thing. I checked my sources and they conflict, so I'll go with common sense and what you say and assume it's Clyde.
I thought at the time Cylde was an odd name but the source I used had it written twice so I didn't think it was a typo.
I'll look it up properly later, if HB have their own website.

Was the yogi thing called Yogi's treasure hunt then? If so I'll change it. I never saw it myself. I once caught the space race and was appalled.

No idea how many entries scouts can recommend, but there seem to be lots of scouts so I guess there's room enough for us both Zarniroop, and your article is very good.smiley - smiley


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 8

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Thanx Bossel!

Just for that I'll let you have top place in PR!

smiley - smiley
smiley - hsif
Z.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 9

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

*whoops*

Meant Dastardly!!!



Z.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 10

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I've got only minor points to make:

Still some typos in this para:
"... the races and *wasnow* in the army, *controllong* the Vulture Squad, ..."

The bullet lists are better readable if you enclose the individual items in Para tags:
* contents *

smiley - ok
Sorry, they still didn't promote me out of my would-be-Scout status...


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 11

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Looks, good, Dastardly... certainly Guide worthy. The only comment I could come up with was at the end, with the credits... do we really need them? It looks like extraneous information to me.

As for the scout question, we currently choose 3 every 4 weeks. Prepare yourselves for some delays, ladies and gentlemen, because, in the wake of DNA's demise, Peer Review has gone from a barren desert to a lush jungle of quality entries. If I nobody else recommended the articles I've scouted and plan to recommend, then I could take a 4 month hiatus from PR right now and still meet my quota.

But I digress... this really isn't the place to discuss such things. If you have questions about PR, the best place to ask them is at the Scouts page.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 12

Researcher 168963

The credits are gone.
(I didn't know what extraneous meant so I guessed it was similar to gratuitous or pointless.)


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 13

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Get's my thumbs up dastardly!

Incidently, Bossel, how long have you been waiting to be made a scout?


Z.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 14

Researcher 168963

smiley - ok cheers Zarniroop
BTW I sorted the lists out.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 15

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yepp, looking good!

Z, I applied April 15, and still pending. There's not much fluctuation, y'know...


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

I like this entry. It should become part of the Guide in my opinion. The only typo I spotted was an it's which should have been its.


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 17

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Also: Spin off section, second buller point: " Dastardly _amd_ Muttley in their Flying Machines".


Great article BTW smiley - smiley vp


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 18

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

I have recommended this article for editing - but no guarantees, of course...

The creepy coupe was always a favorite of mine smiley - winkeye

Cheers, Linus


A567191-A guide to The Wacky Races

Post 19

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

You'll be glad to know that we think this entry is great, and it has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. When it does get into the Edited Guide, we will email to let you know, but please bear in mind it can take a while for entries to go through the sub-editing system.

Congrats, and cheers
Linus smiley - smiley


Congratulations!

Post 20

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post