Talking Point: Exams

23 Conversations

A girl asleep at a computer

Are you a student? Then you're probably revising for exams at the moment. Or maybe you've finished your studies and can offer a few tips to those who are currently going through exam hell?

What's it Like Being a Student in the Year 2001?

  • Do you think that students have to work harder nowadays?

  • Have exams got harder or easier?

  • Does access to the Internet make studying easier?

Top Revision Tips

  • Do you have an effective study technique that you can share 1?

  • How long should a student study for before taking a break?

  • Do you have a particularly good memory? Can you offer any tips to others?

Students and Families

If you're living in a family home then the run up to the examination period can be difficult. Siblings and parents may mean well, but sometimes family can add to the stress.

  • How do parents help to alleviate stress and how do they unintentionally add to it?

  • What practical things can your family members do to help you to study?

  • What should family members avoid doing to alleviate your pre-exam stress?

Exam Nerves

You've studied as hard as you can - you know the facts - but can you deal with the exam itself?

  • Do you suffer from exam nerves? How do they affect you?

  • Can you suggest any good relaxation techniques to be used by others before or during exams?

  • Starting off an exam well is all important, so do you have any suggestions or tips? Should the student turn over the paper quickly and get on with it or spend a few minutes first in meditative contemplation?

1In the margin you'll see that we've referenced a number of revision sites, some within the BBC and some external. We hope you'll find these useful - if you do, then please let us know below.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A564743

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more