A Conversation for Why I think Escape from Monkey Island sucks [Work in progress]

One more thing!

Post 1

vixn

How about that insane monkey-insult-fighting in EMI?? The insult sword fighting from Secret of Monkey Island was great, and then THAT tries to follow up!?! Talk about changing winning consepts....


One more thing!

Post 2

iaoth

Yes, very true. The monkey kombat was actually the most enjoyable part of EMI, for the first two seconds. Then it got really boring really quickly. Who the heck wants to memorise eek ack ook ad nauseum?! Insult sword fighting however, was a stroke of genious, ESPECIALLY the INGENIOUS way the comebacks fit together with the Swordmaster's totally different insults. It was kind of cool when they kind of copied that in CMI, and the rhymes fit together with Captain Whatshisface's insults. But it still felt a bit cheap. And then Monkey Kombat came along. smiley - yuk EMI feels like a bad selfparody.


One more thing!

Post 3

vixn

Yes, I couldn't agree more! The insult fighting has really only gotten worse since Secret of Monkey Island. When the insults rhymed, you almost didn't have to read the whole sentence before you chose it. REALLY bad... smiley - sadface And I don't even have to comment the iik aak ook - I don't even want to!


One more thing!

Post 4

Kate

What about the ending? I didn't think the game was too terrible, until the ending. It was a total let down!


One more thing!

Post 5

iaoth

Hmm. Yes. smiley - smiley The Entry isn't finished. smiley - biggrin


One more thing!

Post 6

Researcher 193076

just starting To play EMI after purchasing it cheaply the other day, need help though...what the heck do I use the termite infested hand for and how??? HEEEELP PLEASE!!


One more thing!

Post 7

Dad n Dave

Apparently it's eek ack oop , not eek ack ook, and then not all the time as it changes.


One more thing!

Post 8

Catwoman

Termite infested hand is used to infest something with termites, so that it gets eaten.

(I really liked the longest journey)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Why I think Escape from Monkey Island sucks [Work in progress]

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more