A Conversation for DNA has Left the Building

Not from where I'm standing

Post 1

Mark Moxon

Hi.

Nice article. One thing:

"The BEEB seems to consider the guide to be a high-class chat room. The writing of Articles tend to take second place."

I can assure you that from where I'm standing, this is absolutely not the case. The BBC is fully aware that we have one of the greatest community/content systems on the planet, and they are very excited in the future of the Guide, and the future of h2g2 technology within other areas of the BBC.

Trust me. They might not have know what they were buying when they bought it, but they do now, and they're jumping around like kids on Christmas Eve in their excitement.

The future looks bright. The future is Goo.

smiley - smiley


Not from where I'm standing

Post 2

vegiman:-)

Hi Mark.

The comment I made about the Beeb came from press reports just after taking over the Guide. They were all about the chat com side of it and how it was a great addition to parts of the site already set up for just that.

I am glad they have realised that this is not just a chat site and perhaps they can (follow that dream) push through DNA's original thoughts for the site.

If they can get the technology for a hand held of the ground - What a great tribute to DNA that would be, or is that hoping for too much.

I am still in favour of pushing your work load to the limit and you know waht I can be like when I get the bit between my teeth smiley - biggrin

Thanks for putting me straight - I am really glad that I am wrong.

all the best
veggie

BTW ('Follow that Dream' was the origin heading for the Article) Shazz must have thought the 'left the buiding' sub heading was bettersmiley - winkeye

catcha.




Not from where I'm standing

Post 3

Mark Moxon

Groovy veggie - it's fair to say that the Beeb weren't exactly sure what they were buying when they bought it. They're kinda into it now, though. smiley - smiley


Not from where I'm standing

Post 4

vegiman:-)

With the coming of age of the digital TV's - this site would be ideal for an interactive site where the rights could be sold to the TV companies world wide. Not quite a hand held but TV is far more available than a lap top.

An interactive TV Guide MMMm thats would be a great tribute to the MAN.
veggie


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DNA has Left the Building

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more